145 Shouts - 603,472 Scrobbles
Speech Debelle (1983, London, England) is a British rap artist, winner of the 2009 Mercury Prize. Debelle is signed to the Big Dada record label. Debelle's debut album, Speech Therapy, was released in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2009. The album has had three singles released, "Searching", "The Key", and "Go Then, Bye". It won the Barclay Mercury music prize in 2009. The Mercury judges said she was a "remarkable new voice in British hip-hop, tough, warm and reflective".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsOK, I can see you held it down and learnt patience,
Cause some reasons are without their explanations,
This is my song so let me explain the situation,
But wont air your business out girl, cause thats a bait ting,
I seen you at the station like its work your going,
- LyricsThis is for the tat on my wrist this is for the black of my fist
This is for the s in my lisp this is for my beating heart in my chest on the life yes
Life aint for the swift but for those who can endure it so i hold it with two hands im moorish
And I answer every time it is calling and you can see it in my aura
You can tell Im a soldier you can see the strength in my eyes and I hope
- LyricsYour tender touch is a must you got me paralysed
All I can do is curve my back and close my eyes
If our love had a soundtrack it be made from sighs
Produce written and arrange on a sweet vibe
Complete my sentence like a set of twins our love evoke a message like the new testament
- Lyrics2 am in my hostel bed, my eyes them red, my belly aint fed,
I got butter but I aint got bread and I m smoking on my last cigarette.
I aint got creds I can t make calls, got no papers I got no jewels.
Got debts up to my eyeballs who made these rules, it s a catch 22.
Christmas soon come and I got no funds but what s Christmas if you aint at mums.
- LyricsDaddy I think I love you cause I hate you so much that I must love you
I put mommy above you
cause she played her position and loved me
unconditionally like you never have
I wasnt that bad I wasnt no Damien child the
- Go Then, Bye - (4:27) - 441 plays
- Studio Backpack Rap - (3:59) - 395 plays
- Finish This Album - (5:08) - 451 plays
- Speech Therapy - (4:44) - 376 plays
- Bad Boy - (4:17) - 375 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online