145 Shouts - 590,177 Scrobbles
Speech Debelle (1983, London, England) is a British rap artist, winner of the 2009 Mercury Prize. Debelle is signed to the Big Dada record label. Debelle's debut album, Speech Therapy, was released in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2009. The album has had three singles released, "Searching", "The Key", and "Go Then, Bye". It won the Barclay Mercury music prize in 2009. The Mercury judges said she was a "remarkable new voice in British hip-hop, tough, warm and reflective".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Key - (2:58) - 1,725 plays
- Spinnin' - (3:35) - 1,456 plays
- Buddy Love - (4:11) - 896 plays
- Daddy's Little Girl - (3:51) - 697 plays
- Lyrics2 am in my hostel bed, my eyes them red, my belly aint fed,
I got butter but I aint got bread and I m smoking on my last cigarette.
I aint got creds I can t make calls, got no papers I got no jewels.
Got debts up to my eyeballs who made these rules, it s a catch 22.
Christmas soon come and I got no funds but what s Christmas if you aint at mums.
- Live For The Message - (3:51) - 617 plays
- Studio Backpack Rap - (3:59) - 476 plays
- Elephant In the Living Room - (4:02) - 413 plays
- Go Then, Bye - (4:27) - 471 plays
- Spinnin' - Radio Edit - (3:05) - 400 plays