145 Shouts - 591,634 Scrobbles
Speech Debelle (1983, London, England) is a British rap artist, winner of the 2009 Mercury Prize. Debelle is signed to the Big Dada record label. Debelle's debut album, Speech Therapy, was released in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2009. The album has had three singles released, "Searching", "The Key", and "Go Then, Bye". It won the Barclay Mercury music prize in 2009. The Mercury judges said she was a "remarkable new voice in British hip-hop, tough, warm and reflective".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Key - (2:58) - 1,623 plays
- LyricsThis is for the tat on my wrist this is for the black of my fist
This is for the s in my lisp this is for my beating heart in my chest on the life yes
Life aint for the swift but for those who can endure it so i hold it with two hands im moorish
And I answer every time it is calling and you can see it in my aura
You can tell Im a soldier you can see the strength in my eyes and I hope
- Buddy Love - (4:11) - 884 plays
- Daddy's Little Girl - (3:51) - 645 plays
- Lyrics2 am in my hostel bed, my eyes them red, my belly aint fed,
I got butter but I aint got bread and I m smoking on my last cigarette.
I aint got creds I can t make calls, got no papers I got no jewels.
Got debts up to my eyeballs who made these rules, it s a catch 22.
Christmas soon come and I got no funds but what s Christmas if you aint at mums.
- Live For The Message - (3:51) - 613 plays
- Studio Backpack Rap - (3:59) - 450 plays
- Spinnin' - Radio Edit - (3:05) - 408 plays
- Go Then, Bye - (4:27) - 442 plays
- Speech Therapy - (4:44) - 466 plays