0 Shouts - 301,320 Scrobbles
An adorable little girl from Brighton, England.Read More...
There comes a time in a true originals career where they become more than the sum of their influences. Sophie Madeleine's star is in such an ascendant, and we are witnessing the results of some maverick fusion.
Steeped in an inherited classicism (she had a music-lover for a father,) she absorbed the greats of the last century - from Cole Porter to Gershwin, Bacharach, Beatles and beyond.
Shades of Feist and Aimee Mann haunt her delivery, whilst she shines a light on the love song in a way that is at once candid, secretive and strange.
Her voice has an authority beyond her experience, and her sound wraps up a hundred years of music and sends it into orbit for a new century to witness. Remember this name Sophie Madeleine is going to be around for a long time.
Sophie is one of the first people in the world who can claim to be a "Master of Song" after graduating from the MA Songwriting Course at Bath Spa University.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take Your Love With Me (The Ukulele Song) - 31,197 plays
- You Are My Favourite - 26,152 plays
- The Knitting Song - 18,330 plays
- I Just Can't Stop Myself (From Writing Love Songs About You) - 17,325 plays
- When New Year Comes Around - 13,881 plays
- Who Will Buy? - 14,840 plays
- Not Worth the Pieces - 13,928 plays
- One Kiss Too Many - 13,961 plays
- Wave Goodbye - 13,405 plays
- Hurry Locomotive - 12,214 plays