74 Shouts - 280,973 Scrobbles
An adorable little girl from Brighton, England. There comes a time in a true originals career where they become more than the sum of their influences. Sophie Madeleine's star is in such an ascendant, and we are witnessing the results of some maverick fusion. Steeped in an inherited classicism (she had a music-lover for a father,) she absorbed the greats of the last century - from Cole Porter to Gershwin, Bacharach, Beatles and beyond. Shades of Feist and Aimee Mann haunt her delivery, whilst she shines a light on the love song in a way that is at once candid, secretive and strange.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take Your Love With Me (The Ukulele Song) - (2:04) - 842 plays
- You Are My Favourite - (3:19) - 715 plays
- The Rhythm You Started - (3:07) - 554 plays
- The Knitting Song - (4:02) - 397 plays
- Who Will Buy? - (3:11) - 230 plays
- When New Year Comes Around - (2:34) - 213 plays
- Wave Goodbye - (2:51) - 221 plays
- Not Worth the Pieces - (4:33) - 219 plays
- Stars - (3:56) - 264 plays
- Parallel - (4:21) - 326 plays