74 Shouts - 280,442 Scrobbles
An adorable little girl from Brighton, England. There comes a time in a true originals career where they become more than the sum of their influences. Sophie Madeleine's star is in such an ascendant, and we are witnessing the results of some maverick fusion. Steeped in an inherited classicism (she had a music-lover for a father,) she absorbed the greats of the last century - from Cole Porter to Gershwin, Bacharach, Beatles and beyond. Shades of Feist and Aimee Mann haunt her delivery, whilst she shines a light on the love song in a way that is at once candid, secretive and strange.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take Your Love With Me (The Ukulele Song) - (2:04) - 1,146 plays
- You Are My Favourite - (3:19) - 779 plays
- The Rhythm You Started - (3:07) - 631 plays
- The Knitting Song - (4:02) - 436 plays
- I Just Can't Stop Myself (From Writing Love Songs About You) - (3:38) - 314 plays
- Not Worth the Pieces - (4:33) - 287 plays
- When New Year Comes Around - (2:34) - 279 plays
- Who Will Buy? - (3:11) - 265 plays
- Wave Goodbye - (2:51) - 290 plays
- One Kiss Too Many - (3:00) - 256 plays