Sons of the Pioneers
11 Shouts - 184,275 Scrobbles
The Sons of the Pioneers was an American cowboy singing group founded in 1933 by Leonard Slye (better known by his later screen name Roy Rogers), with Tim Spencer and Bob Nolan. They were soon joined by others including Karl Farr, Hugh Farr, Lloyd Perryman,and Pat Brady They remained popular into the 1950s. A group with the name is still in existence today (2003) and gives occasional concerts in Branson, Missouri and other spots. Although best known as an actor, Ken Curtis was a member of the Sons from 1949 until 1953.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tumbling Tumbleweeds - (3:12) - 1,568 plays
- Cool Water - (1:59) - 471 plays
- Riders in the Sky - (3:17) - 135 plays
- Red River Valley - (2:29) - 112 plays
- Old Man Atom - (3:00) - 99 plays
- Blue Shadows On The Trail - (3:02) - 73 plays
- Empty Saddles - (2:42) - 88 plays
- Home On the Range - (2:31) - 79 plays
- (Ghost) Riders In The Sky - (2:25) - 50 plays
- Way Out There - (2:51) - 61 plays