Sons of the Pioneers
11 Shouts - 174,740 Scrobbles
The Sons of the Pioneers was an American cowboy singing group founded in 1933 by Leonard Slye (better known by his later screen name Roy Rogers), with Tim Spencer and Bob Nolan. They were soon joined by others including Karl Farr, Hugh Farr, Lloyd Perryman,and Pat Brady They remained popular into the 1950s. A group with the name is still in existence today (2003) and gives occasional concerts in Branson, Missouri and other spots. Although best known as an actor, Ken Curtis was a member of the Sons from 1949 until 1953.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tumbling Tumbleweeds - (3:12) - 2,402 plays
- Cool Water - (1:59) - 767 plays
- Riders in the Sky - (3:17) - 342 plays
- Red River Valley - (2:29) - 180 plays
- Old Man Atom - (3:00) - 167 plays
- Empty Saddles - (2:42) - 162 plays
- Home On the Range - (2:31) - 103 plays
- Timber Trail - (2:43) - 96 plays
- (Ghost) Riders In The Sky - (2:25) - 104 plays
- Way Out There - (2:51) - 80 plays