18 Shouts - 215,988 Scrobbles
Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry (October 24, 1911-March 11, 1986), was a blues musician. He was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 24, 1911, and died on March 11, 1986 in Mineola, New York. He was most widely known for his energetic blues harmonica style which frequently included vocal whoops and hollers, and imitations of trains and fox hunts. His father, a farmer, taught him to play basic blues harp as a youth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - (3:09) - 394 plays
- Whoopin' the Blues - (2:44) - 345 plays
- Harmonica Blues - (2:39) - 315 plays
- I Got My Eyes on You - (3:43) - 171 plays
- Walkin My Blues Away - (3:58) - 226 plays
- Sonny's Whoopin' the Doop - (4:43) - 163 plays
- Diggin' My Potatoes - (3:43) - 166 plays
- Old Lost John - (3:13) - 161 plays
- The Woman Is Killing Me - (2:26) - 133 plays
- Dangerous Woman (With A .45 In Her Hand) - (2:17) - 146 plays