16 Shouts - 201,779 Scrobbles
Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry (October 24, 1911-March 11, 1986), was a blues musician. He was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 24, 1911, and died on March 11, 1986 in Mineola, New York. He was most widely known for his energetic blues harmonica style which frequently included vocal whoops and hollers, and imitations of trains and fox hunts. His father, a farmer, taught him to play basic blues harp as a youth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Diggin' My Potatoes - (3:43) - 534 plays
- One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - (3:09) - 443 plays
- Whoopin' the Blues - (2:44) - 467 plays
- Harmonica Blues - (2:39) - 437 plays
- Old Lost John - (3:13) - 357 plays
- DeAling with the DeVil - (2:35) - 216 plays
- I Got My Eyes on You - (3:43) - 212 plays
- Whooping The Blues - (2:41) - 199 plays
- Custard Pie Blues - (2:56) - 149 plays
- Walkin My Blues Away - (3:58) - 173 plays