17 Shouts - 207,324 Scrobbles
Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry (October 24, 1911-March 11, 1986), was a blues musician. He was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 24, 1911, and died on March 11, 1986 in Mineola, New York. He was most widely known for his energetic blues harmonica style which frequently included vocal whoops and hollers, and imitations of trains and fox hunts. His father, a farmer, taught him to play basic blues harp as a youth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whoopin' the Blues - (2:44) - 340 plays
- One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - (3:09) - 386 plays
- Diggin' My Potatoes - (3:43) - 269 plays
- Harmonica Blues - (2:39) - 262 plays
- Walkin My Blues Away - (3:58) - 205 plays
- I Got My Eyes on You - (3:43) - 188 plays
- Whooping The Blues - (2:41) - 161 plays
- Old Lost John - (3:13) - 223 plays
- Sonny's Whoopin' the Doop - (4:43) - 155 plays
- Telephone Blues - (3:33) - 127 plays