16 Shouts - 202,150 Scrobbles
Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry (October 24, 1911-March 11, 1986), was a blues musician. He was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 24, 1911, and died on March 11, 1986 in Mineola, New York. He was most widely known for his energetic blues harmonica style which frequently included vocal whoops and hollers, and imitations of trains and fox hunts. His father, a farmer, taught him to play basic blues harp as a youth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Diggin' My Potatoes - (3:43) - 521 plays
- Whoopin' the Blues - (2:44) - 462 plays
- One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - (3:09) - 454 plays
- Harmonica Blues - (2:39) - 417 plays
- Old Lost John - (3:13) - 389 plays
- DeAling with the DeVil - (2:35) - 197 plays
- I Got My Eyes on You - (3:43) - 209 plays
- Walkin My Blues Away - (3:58) - 197 plays
- Whooping The Blues - (2:41) - 167 plays
- Custard Pie Blues - (2:56) - 136 plays