16 Shouts - 204,213 Scrobbles
Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry (October 24, 1911-March 11, 1986), was a blues musician. He was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 24, 1911, and died on March 11, 1986 in Mineola, New York. He was most widely known for his energetic blues harmonica style which frequently included vocal whoops and hollers, and imitations of trains and fox hunts. His father, a farmer, taught him to play basic blues harp as a youth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Diggin' My Potatoes - (3:43) - 459 plays
- One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - (3:09) - 431 plays
- Whoopin' the Blues - (2:44) - 414 plays
- Harmonica Blues - (2:39) - 369 plays
- Old Lost John - (3:13) - 357 plays
- I Got My Eyes on You - (3:43) - 194 plays
- Walkin My Blues Away - (3:58) - 188 plays
- DeAling with the DeVil - (2:35) - 160 plays
- Whooping The Blues - (2:41) - 154 plays
- Sonny's Whoopin' the Doop - (4:43) - 135 plays