16 Shouts - 206,732 Scrobbles
Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry (October 24, 1911-March 11, 1986), was a blues musician. He was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 24, 1911, and died on March 11, 1986 in Mineola, New York. He was most widely known for his energetic blues harmonica style which frequently included vocal whoops and hollers, and imitations of trains and fox hunts. His father, a farmer, taught him to play basic blues harp as a youth.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whoopin' the Blues - (2:44) - 358 plays
- One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - (3:09) - 409 plays
- Diggin' My Potatoes - (3:43) - 344 plays
- Harmonica Blues - (2:39) - 303 plays
- I Got My Eyes on You - (3:43) - 195 plays
- Walkin My Blues Away - (3:58) - 211 plays
- Old Lost John - (3:13) - 293 plays
- Whooping The Blues - (2:41) - 150 plays
- Sonny's Whoopin' the Doop - (4:43) - 152 plays
- DeAling with the DeVil - (2:35) - 116 plays