135 Shouts - 3,596,156 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (7:18) - 23,479 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 18,933 plays
- LyricsYou don't know what love is
'Til you've learned the meaning of the blues
Until you've loved a love you've had to lose,
You don't know what love is.
You don't know how lips hurt
- He's Younger Than You Are - (5:09) - 8,429 plays
- Strode Rode - (5:16) - 7,948 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 4,702 plays
- Blue Seven - (11:21) - 3,058 plays
- Moritat - (10:04) - 4,024 plays
- The Night Has a Thousand Eyes - (3:29) - 2,975 plays
- In a Sentimental Mood - (3:20) - 2,643 plays