127 Shouts - 3,045,892 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (6:48) - 19,220 plays
- You Don't Know What Love Is - (6:29) - 10,969 plays
- Strode Rode - (7:34) - 8,721 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 5,362 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 5,071 plays
- Moritat - (10:05) - 4,586 plays
- In a Sentimental Mood - (5:41) - 3,174 plays
- Tenor Madness - (12:19) - 2,532 plays
- Moritat (Mack The Knife) - (10:04) - 1,862 plays
- You Do Something to Me - (6:50) - 1,822 plays