130 Shouts - 3,375,765 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (7:18) - 21,875 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 16,325 plays
- LyricsYou don't know what love is
'Til you've learned the meaning of the blues
Until you've loved a love you've had to lose,
You don't know what love is.
You don't know how lips hurt
- He's Younger Than You Are - (5:09) - 7,711 plays
- Strode Rode - (5:10) - 6,749 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 4,336 plays
- Moritat - (10:04) - 4,547 plays
- Blue Seven - (11:21) - 2,841 plays
- In a Sentimental Mood - (3:20) - 2,224 plays
- The Night Has a Thousand Eyes - (3:29) - 1,782 plays