127 Shouts - 3,147,532 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (6:48) - 20,641 plays
- You Don't Know What Love Is - (6:31) - 11,906 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 8,537 plays
- Strode Rode - (5:10) - 8,715 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 5,609 plays
- Moritat - (10:04) - 4,901 plays
- In A Sentimental Mood - (5:41) - 3,525 plays
- Tenor Madness - (12:19) - 2,487 plays
- You Do Something to Me - (6:50) - 1,867 plays
- Moritat (Mack the Knife) - (10:04) - 1,755 plays