132 Shouts - 3,440,529 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (7:18) - 21,401 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 15,519 plays
- LyricsYou don't know what love is
'Til you've learned the meaning of the blues
Until you've loved a love you've had to lose,
You don't know what love is.
You don't know how lips hurt
- He's Younger Than You Are - (5:09) - 8,289 plays
- Strode Rode - (5:16) - 7,363 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 4,323 plays
- Blue Seven - (11:21) - 3,078 plays
- Moritat - (10:04) - 4,464 plays
- The Night Has a Thousand Eyes - (3:29) - 2,215 plays
- In a Sentimental Mood - (3:20) - 2,364 plays