130 Shouts - 3,284,571 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (7:18) - 21,542 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 14,964 plays
- You Don't Know What Love Is - (6:30) - 11,170 plays
- Strode Rode - (5:10) - 7,311 plays
- He's Younger Than You Are - (5:09) - 5,514 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 4,779 plays
- Moritat - (10:04) - 4,751 plays
- In a Sentimental Mood - (3:20) - 2,608 plays
- Blue Seven - (11:21) - 2,025 plays
- Tenor Madness - (12:19) - 2,055 plays