129 Shouts - 3,274,166 Scrobbles
Sonny Rollins (Theodore Walter Rollins, New York City, September 7, 1930) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist.
Rollins' long, prolific career began at the age of 11, and he was playing with piano legend Thelonious Monk before reaching the age of 20. Rollins is still touring and recording today, having outlived most of his contemporaries such as John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and Art Blakey, all performers with whom he recorded. While Rollins was born in New York City, his parents were born in the United States Virgin Islands. Rollins received his first saxophone at age 13.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. Thomas - (7:18) - 21,779 plays
- God Bless the Child - (7:29) - 14,767 plays
- LyricsYou don't know what love is
'Til you've learned the meaning of the blues
Until you've loved a love you've had to lose,
You don't know what love is.
You don't know how lips hurt
- Strode Rode - (7:34) - 7,682 plays
- Blue 7 - (11:19) - 5,114 plays
- He's Younger Than You Are - (5:09) - 4,866 plays
- Moritat - (10:04) - 4,794 plays
- In a Sentimental Mood - (3:20) - 2,833 plays
- Blue Seven - (11:21) - 2,082 plays
- Tenor Madness - (12:19) - 2,197 plays