Sonny & The Sunsets
52 Shouts - 510,980 Scrobbles
Sonny Smith began playing Jimmy Yancey covers on piano in little mountain town clubs of Colorado when he was 18. These piano gigs led him to Denver and then into Central America where he busked up and down the Telemanca Coast with a couple friends in a band. At this time he was working on screenplays which ultimately broke apart into long-winded songs with characters, dialogues and plots. Sonny’s early CDs include This Is My Story, This Is My Song, released in 2002, followed the next year by Sordid Tales of Love and Woe, Sweet Lorraine featuring Jolie Holland on harmonies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Too Young To Burn - (3:19) - 7,643 plays
- dark corners - (5:04) - 8,141 plays
- palmreader - (3:06) - 6,105 plays
- mutilator - (3:42) - 5,866 plays
- path of orbit - (4:03) - 5,268 plays
- natural acts - (3:21) - 4,903 plays
- green blood - (4:21) - 5,351 plays
- girl on the street - (3:32) - 4,444 plays
- death scene - (1:16) - 4,050 plays
- primitive - (2:22) - 4,016 plays