Songs of Green Pheasant
78 Shouts - 415,555 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 295 plays
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 232 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 185 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 199 plays
- Boats - (5:02) - 197 plays
- Hey, Hey, Wilderness - (2:13) - 161 plays
- Truth But Not Fact - (3:36) - 144 plays
- From Here to Somewhere Else - (7:49) - 187 plays
- Fires P.G.R. - (4:52) - 168 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 163 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online