Songs of Green Pheasant
78 Shouts - 422,940 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 9,518 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 275 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 207 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 239 plays
- Boats - (5:02) - 195 plays
- Soldiers Kill Their Sisters - (2:48) - 200 plays
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 201 plays
- Truth But Not Fact - (3:36) - 157 plays
- The Wraith of Loving - (6:06) - 169 plays
- Hey, Hey, Wilderness - (2:13) - 176 plays