Songs of Green Pheasant
77 Shouts - 391,350 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Boats - (5:02) - 831 plays
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 963 plays
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 472 plays
- King Friday - (3:31) - 525 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 569 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 528 plays
- The Ballad of Century Paul - (4:08) - 457 plays
- West Coast Profiling - (8:15) - 457 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 515 plays
- The Wraith of Loving - (6:06) - 487 plays