Songs of Green Pheasant
77 Shouts - 399,119 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 537 plays
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 561 plays
- Boats - (5:02) - 446 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 362 plays
- King Friday - (3:30) - 240 plays
- Pink By White - (5:23) - 246 plays
- From Here to Somewhere Else - (7:49) - 227 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 312 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 244 plays
- Soldiers Kill Their Sisters - (2:48) - 220 plays