Songs of Green Pheasant
77 Shouts - 404,976 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 390 plays
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 320 plays
- Boats - (5:02) - 242 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 222 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 220 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 203 plays
- Fires P.G.R. - (4:52) - 184 plays
- Pink By White - (5:23) - 288 plays
- From Here to Somewhere Else - (7:49) - 172 plays
- The Wraith of Loving - (6:06) - 161 plays