Songs of Green Pheasant
78 Shouts - 407,519 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 235 plays
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 190 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 170 plays
- Boats - (5:02) - 210 plays
- From Here to Somewhere Else - (7:49) - 178 plays
- Fires P.G.R. - (4:52) - 188 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 180 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 164 plays
- Pink By White - (5:23) - 203 plays
- Truth But Not Fact - (3:36) - 134 plays