Songs of Green Pheasant
77 Shouts - 405,477 Scrobbles
Songs Of Green Pheasant is the work of Duncan Sumpner, a 30-year-old artist / teacher from Oughtibridge in Sheffield. His self-titled debut album was released on FatCat in August 2005, and drew widespread praise, gaining admiration from Devendra Banhart, múm, and Vetiver, and making many people’s lists as an outsider ‘album of the year’. What emerged on that record was something fragile, yet coherent and utterly charming. With a warm cloudy depth, sweet melodies and some gorgeous vocal harmonising, it was a set of simply beautiful, beautifully sung and played songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- nightfall (for boris p) - (4:22) - 333 plays
- I Am Daylights - (3:05) - 288 plays
- Boats - (5:02) - 226 plays
- The Burning Man - (2:59) - 206 plays
- Knulp - (2:06) - 212 plays
- Nightfall (for Boris P.) - (4:22) - 196 plays
- From Here to Somewhere Else - (7:49) - 170 plays
- Fires P.G.R. - (4:52) - 191 plays
- Pink By White - (5:23) - 283 plays
- The Wraith of Loving - (6:06) - 157 plays