0 Shouts - 1,448,672 Scrobbles
There are two artists called Some Girls.Read More...
1. The first was a five-piece hardcore punk unit from San Diego, active from 2002 to 2007, consisting of members from a variety of influential hardcore bands. Some Girls began in early 2002 with vocalist Wes Eisold (American Nightmare/Give Up the Ghost) and guitarist Rob Moran (ex-Unbroken) coming together with the common dream of creating a band that could be both brutal and innovative -- and mess people up. Sal Gallegos (Secret Fun Club, Two Miles Till Iocon studio) joined in on drums the next day and the trio recorded its first songs. Deathwish Inc. Records heard these raw demos and offered to put out what became the group's first 7" release, The Rains EP.
With the band needing a permanent bassist for shows, Justin Pearson (the Locust, Crimson Curse) joined on, with second guitarist Christopher Sprague (Tristeza) being added a few months later. A second release, The Blues EP, was recorded along the way, and later was combined with The Rains EP on the compilation All My Friends Are Going Death in the spring of 2004. The year 2004 remained busy for Some Girls, the band seeing two East Coast and West Coast tours, Sprague being replaced on guitar with Chuck Rowell (Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower), and the recording of the EP The DNA Will Have Its Say. In the fall of 2005, Moran left the band to pursue other interests and was replaced by Nathan Joyner. January 2006 saw the release of the band's first full-length album on Epitaph, Heaven's Pregnant Teens. The album showcased the band's trademark thrash attack with greater levels of distortion and experimentation. Chuck Rowell has recently left the band and Rockey Crane (of Year Future; ex-Dead and Gone, Creeps On Candy) has replaced him on guitar.
On 23 October 2007 punknews.org published an article stating that the band have broken up. The band's former label, "Deathwish Inc." went on to confirm this announcement by posting on its official website: "Word from various members of Some Girls is that they have officially and quietly put the band to rest. Some Girls released music on Deathwish, 31G, and lastly Epitaph Records. The band also toured with the likes of Daughters, The Locust, Converge, and many more during their short life."
2. The second Some Girls are a female alternative pop-rock trio made up of singer/guitarist Juliana Hatfield, singer/bassist Heidi Gluck (The Only Children) and singer/drummer Freda Love of the band Mysteries Of Life.
Hatfield and Love had previously been bandmates in the influential Boston indie band Blake Babies. After reuniting for the first time in years when Blake Babies briefly reformed in 2001, Hatfield and Love decided they wanted to continue working with one another, despite living in different states, and began writing songs together by sending each other tapes through the mail. Love asked her friend, Indianapolis musician Gluck, previously of the band The Pieces, to provide bass on their collaborations and Some Girls were born.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsCut it 'til it's gutted
I let my weight fluxuate, fuck
Yes, love is a jellyfish and I clean my stings with tenderized piss
No, I don't care very much
You keep your mouth fucking shut when you talk to us
- LyricsAll my friends are going death
And breathing' s just a waste of breath
And hearing just makes me deaf
And coming down leaves nothing left
The street is not mine
- LyricsYou were born with a choice at least
So i'm not dropping any sympathy
And in my head i'm on my porch
Buildings across the street from me
Living lives too complete for me
- LyricsOh baby doll, i'm in a bad place, a fixed cat fight, a sewer rat race
All my lovers watering rain thru storm windows at the theater of pain
And i dont find it funny, no slapping of knee
Find me tying a rope from the tree, where the love was carved from you to me
Boston, dc, philly, sd
- LyricsOur lipstick' s lined some luscious lips
Up and down the vegas strip
I walked solo, so slow, alone
We all want something to call our own
There' s a bible in the drawer to keep you from sinning
- Up to Our Hips - 45,116 plays
- Hot Piss - 50,764 plays
- Dead In A Web - 50,083 plays
- Queens Without Kings - 39,370 plays
- Red Cuts Through Black Hearts - 39,777 plays