Soldiers of Jah Army
548 Shouts - 3,905,217 Scrobbles
Mention folk music to the average listener and the list of usual suspects come to mind: Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Woodie Guthrie, etc. Talk to SOJA lead singer/guitarist Jacob Hemphill, however, and you’ll walk away with a different perspective. “To me, Rage Against The Machine, Wu -Tang Clan, Sade, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley – they’re all folk artists,” he says. “There’s no difference between Raekwon saying, ‘I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side, where staying alive was no jive,’ to Bob Marley saying...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
Just like the land that bear the name Africa,
Love is on my mind.
It's for everyone no matter where you're from,
Love, it cross all lines.
- LyricsTry and remember now just what has been done enslavement, displacement of every nation. And now to one nation everyone hold their grudge. Kinda make me wonder well which side I'm on. Don't defend the white and I don't defend the black. I defend truth and rights and all of that. Work on situations where I'm at. Hold my position never fall off track. .
Nah give up my faith! Through Babylon rage ini strive til the end of my days. Rasta courage. Go against society. Rasta courage. Babylon rage ini strive til the end of my days. Rasta courage. Go against society. Rasta courage.
I never give up no good vibes. And I never give up no truth. Never trade my sanity for livin in Babylon crew. Vanity will never drive this man insane. This man will walk alongside Jah again. We see all the pressure to conform today and I may sometimes bend but only as not to break cause a life of iniquity for laziness' sake is a deal with the devil Rasta just can't make.
- LyricsI open my eyes, each morning I rise
to find the truth I know that is there.
I'm lucky to breathe, I'm lucky to feel,
I'm glad to wake up, I'm glad to be here.
With all of this world, and all of it's pain,
- Jah Atmosphere - (4:43) - 2,159 plays
- LyricsWell, I had one by my side,
but she only tried to get near me.
And never ever knowing about my inside..
But one that I hold is worth so
much more to me if it's both body and mind.
- I Don't Wanna Wait - (5:55) - 1,965 plays
- Peace in a Time of War - (3:21) - 1,279 plays
- Born in Babylon - (4:38) - 1,760 plays
- Losing My Mind - (5:37) - 1,630 plays
- By My Side - (4:12) - 1,141 plays