335 Shouts - 4,721,925 Scrobbles
Soft Cell are an electronic music duo that came to prominence in the early 80s. They consist of vocalist Marc Almond and instrumentalist David Ball. The duo is most widely known for their 1981 worldwide hit version of "Tainted Love" and influential multi-platinum debut ''Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret''. In the UK, they had five Top 5 hits, including "Bedsitter", "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye", "Torch" and "What!", and also had four Top 20 albums between 1981 and 1984. The duo split in 1984, but reformed in the early 2000s to tour and released a new album in 2002.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSometimes I feel I've got to run away
I've got to get away
From the pain you drive into the heart of me.
The love we share seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light for I toss and turn - I can't sleep at night.
- LyricsSunday morning going slow, I'm talking to the radio
Clothes and records on the floor, the memories of the night before
Out in Clubland having fun and now I'm hiding from the sun
Waiting for a visitor though no-one knows I'm here for sure
Dancing, laughing, drinking, loving
- LyricsIsn't it nice, sugar and spice
Luring disco dollies to a life of vice
I can make a film and make you my star
You'll be a natural the way you are
I would like you on a long black leash
- LyricsBaby, baby
Where did our love go?
Oh, don't you leave me
Don't you leave me no more
I've got this burning, yearning, yearning
- LyricsStandin' at the door
Of the Pink Flamingo
Crying in the rain
It was a kind of so so love
And I'm gonna make sure
- Seedy Films - (5:04) - 3,841 plays
- Frustration - (4:12) - 3,846 plays
- Torch - (4:05) - 4,252 plays
- Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - 7" Single Version - 3,509 plays
- Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go - Extended Version - (8:57) - 3,032 plays