Smokin' Joe Kubek
1 Shouts - 24,955 Scrobbles
Another young Texas axeman from the old school, Smokin' Joe Kubek issued his band's debut disc in 1991 on Bullseye Blues, Steppin' Out Texas Style. Kubek was already playing his smokin' guitar on the Lone State chitlin circuit at age 14, supporting such musicians as Freddie King. Soon, he formed his own band and began playing a number of bars across Dallas. In the '80s, he met guitarist/vocalist Bnois King, a native of Monroe, LA, and the duo formed the first edition of The Smokin' Joe Kubek Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Have Blues, Will Travel - (4:07) - 202 plays
- Run Through the Jungle - (4:11) - 81 plays
- Don't Lose My Number - (3:33) - 64 plays
- Stop Drinking - (8:12) - 73 plays
- Walk On - (5:18) - 39 plays
- Midlife Crisis, Midnight Flight - (3:04) - 35 plays
- My Dog's Still Walkin' - (3:52) - 23 plays
- How Many More Years (feat. Keith Fergusion, Doyle Bramhall, Lou Bovis & Darrell Nulisch) - (3:09) - 19 plays
- Cold Folks Boogie - (4:43) - 17 plays
- Damn Traffic - (3:41) - 11 plays