Smokin' Joe Kubek
1 Shouts - 25,044 Scrobbles
Another young Texas axeman from the old school, Smokin' Joe Kubek issued his band's debut disc in 1991 on Bullseye Blues, Steppin' Out Texas Style. Kubek was already playing his smokin' guitar on the Lone State chitlin circuit at age 14, supporting such musicians as Freddie King. Soon, he formed his own band and began playing a number of bars across Dallas. In the '80s, he met guitarist/vocalist Bnois King, a native of Monroe, LA, and the duo formed the first edition of The Smokin' Joe Kubek Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Have Blues, Will Travel - (4:07) - 200 plays
- Run Through the Jungle - (4:11) - 91 plays
- Don't Lose My Number - (3:33) - 54 plays
- Stop Drinking - (8:12) - 70 plays
- Walk On - (5:18) - 39 plays
- Midlife Crisis, Midnight Flight - (3:04) - 29 plays
- My Dog's Still Walkin' - (3:52) - 13 plays
- Healthy Mama - (3:56) - 27 plays
- Cold Folks Boogie - (4:43) - 15 plays
- Big Money Sonny - (4:20) - 16 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online