Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
0 Shouts - 3,701,007 Scrobbles
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles was the performing and recording name from 1965 to 1972 of renowned American R&B/soul group The Miracles. From Detroit, Michigan, the band Miracles remain notable as the first successful group act for Berry Gordy's Motown Records. Over their career across the 1960s, 70s and 80s, the Miracles were one of Motown's signature acts with over forty top 40 R&B hits. Over the same time period, their original lead singer and founding member Smokey Robinson became one of the most successful songwriters and record producers of all time.Read More...
The hit songs "Do It Baby" and Love Machine (written by Billy Griffin & Pete Moore) were performed by Billy Griffin as the lead singer after the departure of original founder member Smokey Robinson.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Tracks Of My Tears - 759,758 plays
- The Tears of a Clown - 467,077 plays
- Ooo Baby Baby - 291,304 plays
- I Second That Emotion - 288,339 plays
- LyricsWhen I became of age my mother called me to her side,
She said,"Son, you're growing up now pretty soon you'll take a bride.
And then she said, "Just because you've become a young man now,
There's still somethings that you don't understand now,
Before you ask some girl for her hand now
- Going to a Go-Go - 93,378 plays
- You've Really Got A Hold On Me - 112,175 plays
- You Really Got a Hold on Me - 81,154 plays
- More Love - 62,604 plays
- Baby, Baby Don't Cry - 49,693 plays