Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
0 Shouts - 4,012,201 Scrobbles
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles was the performing and recording name from 1965 to 1972 of renowned American R&B/soul group The Miracles. From Detroit, Michigan, the band Miracles remain notable as the first successful group act for Berry Gordy's Motown Records. Over their career across the 1960s, 70s and 80s, the Miracles were one of Motown's signature acts with over forty top 40 R&B hits. Over the same time period, their original lead singer and founding member Smokey Robinson became one of the most successful songwriters and record producers of all time.Read More...
The hit songs "Do It Baby" and Love Machine (written by Billy Griffin & Pete Moore) were performed by Billy Griffin as the lead singer after the departure of original founder member Smokey Robinson.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Tracks of My Tears - 809,808 plays
- The Tears of a Clown - 500,982 plays
- I Second That Emotion - 340,839 plays
- Ooo Baby Baby - 309,009 plays
- LyricsWhen I became of age my mother called me to her side,
She said,"Son, you're growing up now pretty soon you'll take a bride.
And then she said, "Just because you've become a young man now,
There's still somethings that you don't understand now,
Before you ask some girl for her hand now
- Going to a Go-Go - 103,117 plays
- You've Really Got a Hold on Me - 133,405 plays
- You Really Got a Hold on Me - 82,754 plays
- More Love - 65,315 plays
- Jingle Bells - 43,663 plays