49 Shouts - 1,036,191 Scrobbles
William "Smokey" Robinson, Jr. (born February 19, 1940) is an American R&B and soul singer and songwriter. Robinson is noted for being one of the primary figures associated with the Motown record label, second only to the company's founder, Berry Gordy. As both a member of Motown group The Miracles and a solo artist, Robinson recorded seventy Top 40 hits for Motown between 1959 and 1990, and also served as the company's Vice President from 1961 to 1988.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
Baby, let's cruise away from here
Don't be confused, the way is clear
And if you want it, you got it forever
This is not a one night stand, baby
- LyricsI don't care what they think about me
And I don't care what they say
I don't care what they think if you're leaving
I'm gonna beg you to stay
I don't care if they start to avoid me
- LyricsWhen I became of age, my mother called me to her side
She said, "Son you're growing up now
Pretty soon you'll take a bride"
And then she said
"Just because you've become a young man now
- LyricsSoft and warm a quiet storm
Quiet as when flowers talk at break of dawn, break of dawn
A power source of tender force generatin', radiatin'
Turn me on, turn them on
You short-circuit all my nerves
- Being With You - Single Version - (3:57) - 2,915 plays
- The Agony And The Ecstasy - (4:49) - 1,926 plays
- Ooo Baby Baby - (4:08) - 2,198 plays
- Baby That's Backatcha - (3:49) - 2,051 plays
- Just To See Her - (3:59) - 2,133 plays
- You've Really Got A Hold On Me - (2:56) - 2,400 plays