0 Shouts - 2,707,510 Scrobbles
1) Slut is a German indie rock band from Ingolstadt, Bavaria that sings in English (they only use German lyrics in their songs for the "Dreigroschenoper")).Read More...
The band was formed in 1995 by Christian Neuburger (vocals, guitar), Matthias Neuburger (drums), Rainer Schaller (guitar) and Gerd Rosenacker (bass guitar). After they had recorded their first album, René Arbeithuber (keyboard, vocals) joined.
From 1997 to 1998 they lived and recorded in a castle near Ingolstadt with René and Rainer's band, 'Pelzig'.
In February 2005 they took part in the Bundesvision Song Contest, playing their song 'Why Pourqoui?' They received few votes and finished twelfth out of sixteen competitors.
Slut was asked to do the musical support for an adaption of "Die Dreigroschenoper" (The Threepenny Opera) by the theater of Ingolstadt. After several successful showings they decided to record the whole music, but due to copyright problems (the Weill-Foundation holds the rights until 2020) Slut could only release an EP with 5 songs on it, including the popular song "Die Moritat von Mackie Messer"(Mack the Knife).
So far Slut is yet to appear live in Britain or the USA, despite several extensive European tours to Romania, The Czech Republic, Italy and France.
2) Second band called Slut was born in 1991. The band is from Prague (Czech Republic) and belongs to founders of Czech noise / hardcore.
Sex Sucks (Scrape Sound, 1993)
Get Some Slut...Or Fuck Yourself (Scrape Sound, 1994)
Smell Me (PolyGram / Scrape Sound, 1996)
Luftganja (Indies Records, 1999)
Now they are preparing a new album.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Easy To Love - 161,903 plays
- Why Pourquoi (I Think I Like You) - 108,115 plays
- If I Had A Heart - 98,413 plays
- Lost Emotion - 77,082 plays
- All We Need Is Silence - 72,898 plays
- Staggered And Torn - 81,500 plays
- Time Is Not A Remedy - 54,179 plays
- The Beginning - 56,125 plays
- Wednesday - 66,290 plays
- Neverending - 60,608 plays