22 Shouts - 36,268 Scrobbles
Slowdown Virginia (1993-1995) was an indie rock band from Omaha, Nebraska, on Lumberjack Records, the predecessor to today's Saddle Creek records. Slowdown Virginia's birth could best be categorized as a nebulous evolution from The March Hares, (another Omaha band) when in 1993, Matt Oberst and Jim Robino parted ways with The March Hares, leaving Steve Pedersen and Tim Kasher to assume guitar and vocal duties respectively within the new group. In 1995, Slowdown Virginia disbanded and along with members of the then-defunct local Omaha band, Smashmouth, formed Cursive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Supernova '75 - (3:15) - 106 plays
- Whipping Stick - (3:48) - 68 plays
- Dave Mustang - (4:12) - 64 plays
- Vicki My Sick Gills - (3:41) - 56 plays
- Breaking Branches - (4:37) - 46 plays
- Martian Landing - (2:08) - 47 plays
- Blame - (5:05) - 41 plays
- Cross-Eyed - (3:57) - 41 plays
- Juan Pablo Shoe - (3:30) - 31 plays
- Another Sip - (5:13) - 27 plays