Slow Dancing Society
136 Shouts - 666,665 Scrobbles
Drew Sullivan, aka Slow Dancing Society is a Washington based producer and musician. His first album, “The Sound of Lights When Dim” is a sumptuous unfolding ride towards a fading horizon. The album has all the qualities of an Eno ambient classic whilst forging its own musical and emotional path. As with Brian Eno’s finest moments and David Sylvian’s ambient explorations, this work manages to dissolve its temporal markers and speak about moments removed from time. It talks to the delicious flaws of memory and feeling whilst never sullying itself with literalness or simple documentation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Song That Will Help You Remember To Forget - (6:14) - 21,212 plays
- The Warm Familiar Smell Of September - (4:08) - 2,352 plays
- The Delicate Sound Of Silence - (7:06) - 1,781 plays
- How Life Was Meant To Be Lived - (8:35) - 1,632 plays
- Be There - (4:11) - 1,560 plays
- Radiance - (4:32) - 1,495 plays
- Come The Morning Light - (6:48) - 1,382 plays
- O Captain! My Captain! - (4:49) - 1,231 plays
- The Rising Dark - (3:15) - 1,163 plays
- By Morning This Will All Seem Like A Dream - (4:10) - 1,415 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online