0 Shouts - 116,241,495 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist with this name:Read More...
1) Slipknot is an American alternative/nu metal band from Des Moines, Iowa. Formed in 1995, the group was founded by percussionist Shawn Crahan and bassist Paul Gray. After several lineup changes in their early days, the band consisted of nine members for the greater part of their tenure: Sid Wilson, Paul Gray, Joey Jordison, Chris Fehn, Jim Root, Craig Jones, Shawn Crahan, Mick Thomson, and Corey Taylor. However, the death of Paul Gray on May 24, 2010, left the band with only eight remaining members. Former guitarist Donnie Steele will be the band's touring bassist in 2011.
Slipknot is well known by their attention-grabbing image, aggressive music style and chaotic live shows. The band had somewhat of a meteoric rise to success following the release of their self-titled debut album, Slipknot, in 1999. The 2001 follow-up album Iowa further increased the band's popularity. After breaking for their first hiatus, Slipknot returned in 2004 with Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) and once again in 2008 with their fourth album All Hope Is Gone, which debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200. The band has also released one live album, 9.0 Live, and four DVDs. Slipknot hosted their first annual music festival, called Knotfest, which was held on August 17, 2012, at Mid-America Motorplex near Pacific Junction, Iowa and August 18, 2012, in Somerset, Wisconsin. The long awaited fifth studio album is in the works and is expected to be released in 2014. Taylor has described the forthcoming album as "very dark" and a cross between Iowa and Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses). On February 27, 2014, all of Slipknot's social media outlets and official website content was blacked out. No reason for this has been said, however the band are still recording their next album.
Slipknot has been nominated for seven Grammy Awards, resulting in one win.
Wait and Bleed – Best Metal Performance, 2001 (nomination)
Left Behind – Best Metal Performance, 2002 (nomination)
My Plague – Best Metal Performance, 2003 (nomination)
Duality – Best Hard Rock Performance, 2005 (nomination)
Vermilion – Best Metal Performance, 2005 (nomination)
Before I Forget – Best Metal Performance, 2006 (winner)
Psychosocial – Best Metal Performance, 2009 (nomination)
2) Slipknot were from New Haven, Connecticut In the late 80s. Stiemy (bass/ vocals) was previously the singer in FATAL VISION who appeared on the “Connecticut Fun” compilation LP (INCAS,1985). “Connecticut Fun” was also YOUTH OF TODAY’S vinyl debut before officially becoming a “NYHC” band. Stiemy stopped playing music after SLIPKNOT and took up art and a career as a chef. Chang (drums) also stopped playing music after SLIPKNOT. In Chang’s younger years he was a bit of a pyro and torched part of Yale University. ‘F’ (guitar) went on to play drums in another New Haven hardcore band called MALACHI KRUNCH.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI've felt the hate rise up in me
Kneel down and clear the stone of leaves
I wonder out where you can't see
Inside my shell, I wait and bleed
I've felt the hate rise up in me
Stapled shut, inside an outside world and I'm
Sealed in tight, bizarre but right at home
Claustrophobic, closing in and I'm
Catastrophic, not again
- LyricsI push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
But it's made of all the things I have to take
Jesus, it never ends, it works it's way inside
If the pain goes on
- LyricsI did my time, and I want out
So effusive fate
It doesn't cut,
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
- LyricsCome on!
Here we go again mother f***er!
Come on down
And see the idiot right here
- Vermilion - 2,625,295 plays
- Left Behind - 2,352,899 plays
- My Plague - 2,076,144 plays
- Snuff - 4,561,183 plays
- Pulse of the Maggots - 1,951,178 plays