22 Shouts - 503,111 Scrobbles
Slim Harpo (11 January 1924 – 31 January 1970) was a blues musician. Born James Moore in Lobdel, Louisiana, the eldest in an orphaned family, Moore worked as a longshoreman and building worker during the late 1930s and early 1940s. One of the foremost proponents of post-war rural blues, he began performing in Baton Rouge bars under the name Harmonica Slim. He later accompanied Lightning Slim, his brother-in-law, both live and in the studio, before commencing his own recording career in 1957.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rainin' in My Heart - (2:34) - 4,274 plays
- I'm a King Bee - (3:02) - 4,159 plays
- Strange Love - (2:10) - 1,510 plays
- I Got Love If You Want It - (2:48) - 1,500 plays
- Rainin in My Heart - (2:36) - 993 plays
- Shake Your Hips - (2:28) - 980 plays
- Strange Love - Soundtrack Version - (2:08) - 889 plays
- Baby Scratch My Back - (2:53) - 712 plays
- Te Ni Nee Ni Nu - (2:05) - 605 plays
- Blues Hangover - (3:04) - 308 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online