Sir Edward Elgar
142 Shouts - 2,084,363 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 2,349 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,601 plays
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 767 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. I - (4:31) - 385 plays
- Chanson de matin - (3:07) - 335 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 285 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 - (6:03) - 263 plays
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations - (3:58) - 231 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March - (6:48) - 182 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. IV - (1:38) - 129 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online