Sir Edward Elgar
143 Shouts - 2,107,792 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 2,191 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,719 plays
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 811 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. I - (4:31) - 401 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 303 plays
- Chanson de matin - (3:07) - 307 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 - (6:03) - 220 plays
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations - (3:58) - 198 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March - (6:48) - 170 plays
- Chanson de nuit - (3:46) - 162 plays