Sir Edward Elgar
144 Shouts - 2,119,595 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 2,095 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,816 plays
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 786 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. I - (4:31) - 405 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 295 plays
- Chanson de matin - (3:07) - 313 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 - (6:03) - 270 plays
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations - (3:58) - 186 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March - (6:48) - 169 plays
- Chanson de nuit - (3:46) - 174 plays