Sir Edward Elgar
139 Shouts - 1,990,401 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 2,484 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,586 plays
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 978 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: III. Adagio - (5:42) - 486 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 411 plays
- Chanson de matin - (3:07) - 388 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance, Op. 39: Land of Hope and Glory - (5:45) - 383 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. I - (4:31) - 369 plays
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations - (3:58) - 309 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 - (6:03) - 369 plays