Sir Edward Elgar
137 Shouts - 1,928,384 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 3,225 plays
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 3,571 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance, Op. 39: Land of Hope and Glory - (5:45) - 1,874 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,728 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: III. Adagio - (5:42) - 1,367 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 915 plays
- Serenade In E Minor For String Orchestra, Op. 20: III. Allegretto - (2:25) - 835 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: I. Adagio - Moderato - (8:08) - 897 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: III. Allegro non troppo - (8:36) - 692 plays
- Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 : 1. Adagio - Moderato - (8:21) - 530 plays