Sir Edward Elgar
137 Shouts - 1,917,173 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 3,293 plays
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 3,605 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance, Op. 39: Land of Hope and Glory - (5:45) - 1,804 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,584 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: III. Adagio - (5:42) - 1,237 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 866 plays
- Serenade In E Minor For String Orchestra, Op. 20: III. Allegretto - (2:25) - 864 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: I. Adagio - Moderato - (8:08) - 875 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: III. Allegro non troppo - (8:36) - 716 plays
- Theme (Andante) - (1:21) - 538 plays