Sir Edward Elgar
138 Shouts - 1,972,791 Scrobbles
Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was knighted at Buckingham Palace on 5 July 1904 and appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 2,964 plays
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 1,737 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 1,794 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance, Op. 39: Land of Hope and Glory - (5:45) - 879 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: III. Adagio - (5:42) - 924 plays
- Sonata in E Minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 82: I. Allegro - (8:26) - 648 plays
- Chanson de matin - (3:07) - 494 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: I. Adagio - Moderato - (8:08) - 506 plays
- Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 : 1. Adagio - Moderato - (8:21) - 409 plays
- Serenade In E Minor For String Orchestra, Op. 20: III. Allegretto - (2:25) - 371 plays