Sir Edward Elgar
131 Shouts - 1,782,392 Scrobbles
Sir Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, OM, GCVO (2 June 1857 – 23 February 1934) was an English Romantic composer. Several of his first major orchestral works, including the Enigma Variations and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, were greeted with acclaim. He also composed oratorios, chamber music, symphonies and instrumental concertos. He was appointed Master of the King's Music in 1924. Edward Elgar was born in the small village of Lower Broadheath outside Worcester to William Elgar, a piano tuner and music dealer, and his wife Anne (née Greening).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nimrod - (3:41) - 8,141 plays
- Salut d'amour, Op. 12 - (2:45) - 3,100 plays
- Salut d'amour - (2:25) - 3,017 plays
- Chanson de matin - (3:07) - 1,675 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: III. Adagio - (5:42) - 1,842 plays
- Theme (Andante) - (1:21) - 1,329 plays
- Serenade In E Minor For String Orchestra, Op. 20: III. Allegretto - (2:25) - 959 plays
- Serenade for Strings - Allegro piacevole - (3:49) - 908 plays
- Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 - (6:03) - 974 plays
- Concerto in E Minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 85: I. Adagio - Moderato - (8:08) - 993 plays