1 Shouts - 10,945 Scrobbles
Sipho "Hotstix" Mabuse was born in Johannesburg on 2 November 1951. Mabuse got his start in the African soul group the Beaters in the mid-1970s. After a successful tour of Zimbabwe they changed the group's name to Harari. When they returned to their homeland in South Africa they began to draw almost exclusively on American-style funk, soul, and pop music, sung in Zulu and Sotho as well as English. He has also recorded and produced for, amongst others, Miriam Makeba, Hugh Masekela, Ray Phiri and Sibongile Khumalo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jive soweto - (4:43) - 215 plays
- Burn Out - (4:53) - 84 plays
- Thaba Bosiu - (5:04) - 58 plays
- Nelson Mandela - (6:34) - 46 plays
- Burnout - (3:13) - 69 plays
- Thiba Kamoo - (6:54) - 31 plays
- Jika Jive - (3:33) - 38 plays
- Shikisha - (4:00) - 27 plays
- Mama [& Miriam Makeba] - (4:50) - 17 plays
- Township Child - (3:47) - 19 plays