0 Shouts - 398,344 Scrobbles
There are several artists that perform under the name Simone.Read More...
1. Simone Egeriis from Denmark
2. Simone Bittencourt de Oliveira, a Brazilian singer and a major performer of Música Popular Brasileira.
3. Simone Tomassini, an Italian singer-songwriter
4. Simone Stelzer, an Austrian singer, who represented Austria in the 1990 Eurovision song contest
5. Simone Sheckles of Lola Waxx Records
6.Simone (born Lisa Celeste Stroud), daughter of legendary Jazz singer, Nina Simone.
7. Simone Kopmajer
1. Simone Egeriis from Denmark (born January 28, 1992). At the tender age of 9 she sang in a children's gospel choir and has also attended Astro Showakademi in Slagelse, Denmark. She's performed in two children's musicals and finally, at the age of 12, she won the talent program "Scenen er Din" (The Stage is Yours) and since then she has released four highly successful albums. The first album "Vindens farver" is an album with her interpretations of Disney songs. The second album "On a night like this" is a Christmas album with all her Christmas favorites, "Dreams do come true" which is her first album with completely new songs. Her most recent album is "Devoted to You", with her favorite movie songs of all time.
2. Simone Bittencourt de Oliveira, better known as Simone, is a Brazilian singer and a major performer of Música Popular Brasileira (MPB) who has recorded more than 31 albums.
Her career begun when a close friend and guitar teacher Elodir Barontini invited her to sing in a pre-schedule dinner with Odeon´s marketing manager. At the end of this meeting, specially scheduled for the performance, came an offer of a contract to record not one but four albums at once. Her eponymous debut album was recorded in October 1972 at low cost and with a few musicians, conducted by José Briamonte. This inaugural edition circulated only for friends, relatives and artists; ten years later it would be re-edited and with a different cover. By the 20 March 1973, Simone was launched for the press in a closed meeting at the Hilton Hotel, in São Paulo; later on she would appear for the first time ever on a Tv program, for Tv Bandeirantes. Followed by another expected show up on Mixturação (director/producer Walter Silva, April, 1973), a Tv Record program where she was one of the promising new talented. Thus success gradually took place.
A previous sportswoman who had already met success now turned to the stage, supported by the family's incentive, her father, an opera amateur singer, and her mother, a pianist, from whom she received a great stimulus. Before becoming familiar to the Brazilian audience, she was one of those invited to participate in an international tour in Europe, starting with a presentation at the Olympia, in Paris. This tour was organized by Hermínio Bello de Carvalho, regarded as one of the most important Record producers in Brazil. They performed at Olympia, Madison Square Garden, in New York, Belgium and Canada with great success, originating Brasil Export 73 e Festa Brasil - both produced by Hermínio Bello who would also produce the next two albums, Quatro paredes and Gotas d´água; the latest with Milton Nascimento´s production.
3. Simone Tomassini (born 11 May 1974) is an Italian singer-songwriter who has toured widely in Italy and appeared at the Sanremo Music Festival.
Simone Tomassini (who performs simply as Simone) was born in Vertemate con Minoprio, in the Province of Como. He studied music privately and then at the Accademia di Musica Moderna in Milan. His first big break came at the 2004 the Sanremo Music Festival with his song "É stato tanto tempo fa" which became a radio success and was recorded by EMI both as a single and on his album Giorni, which he toured in Italy. That year he also appeared on Festivalbar performing his single "Il mondo che non c'è". His first album was produced by the impresario Enrico Rovelli, the ex-manager of Vasco Rossi and Patti Pravo and founder of the Alcatraz Club in Milan. Rovelli had taken Tomassini under his wing after a chance meeting in Milan when Rovelli's car almost knocked Tomassini over as he was crossing the street. Later in 2004, Tomassini was the opening act on Vasco Rossi's Buoni o cattivi tour.
In 2005 Tomassini appeared on the RAI music reality show, Music Farm presented by Simona Ventura, where he placed third in the singing competition. His second album, Buon viaggio, came out in May of that year and was also toured throughout Italy. In October, he again opened the performances of Vasco Rossi's 2005 Buoni o cattivi tour. The year concluded with a live performance at the Alcatraz Club in Milan (issued on DVD in 2006). In 2006, he released his third album, Sesso gioia rock 'n' roll, and his song "Fuori come un balcone" was chosen for the sound track of Jerry Calà's film, Vita Smeralda. 2007 saw the release of his hit single "Niente da perdere" and a return appearance with Vasco Rossi.
A long time fan of the Calcio Como football team, Tomassini inaugurated their new anthem, "Quando sei comasco", during the team's September 2008 tribute to Stefano Borgonovo at the Sinigaglia Stadium. In 2009 he appeared as a guest star at the Boario Summer Festival and at an open-air solo concert in Como's main piazza. At the end of 2009, he visited the United States, where he performed in several venues in New York City, including Pianos and Webster Hall. A new album, mastered at the Sterling Sound studios in New York, is planned for release in October 2010.
4. Simone Stelzer is an Austrian singer, who represented Austria in the Eurovision song contest 1990 with song called Keine Mauern mehr which referred to the fall of the Berlin Wall.
5. Simone Sheckles of Lola Waxx Records with her debut double A side single 'Starting Over/Don't Know What' for the label: www.lolawaxx.com
6. Simone (Lisa Simone), daughter of legendary Jazz singer, Nina Simone.
You can check from: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/917633,SHO-Sunday-simone27.article
7. Simone Kopmajer , now 25 years old, grew up in a family of musicians and started to sing, in her father's band when she was 12. At the same time she studied piano, though singing remained her first love. Early on, she entered and won various talent contests and even made appearances on television in her native land, Austria. As a young performer, she twice toured the Netherlands with the “Euro Big Band” and later appeared in several International Jazz Festivals.
Influenced by some of the great American vocalists, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Jon Hendricks, Simone has developed into a true Jazzsinger, a singer who uses a wide variety of rhythms and excels in her very individual style of scatting. Laurie Antonioli says that “Simone is an excellent musician, with soulful and hip improvising. She digs in and isn't afraid to take risks with the music”.
Simone received her Masters Degree from the University for Music and dramatic Arts in Graz, Austria where she had the opportunity to work with such Jazz luminaries as Mark Murphy, Sheila Jordan, Michele Hendricks, Jay Clayton and the New York Voices.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tô Voltando - 9,179 plays
- Tudo Que Voce Podia Ser - 6,660 plays
- Migalhas - 10,812 plays
- Garota de Ipanema - 4,655 plays
- To Voltando - 2,869 plays
- Jura Secreta - 3,998 plays
- Ex-Amor - 2,765 plays
- Começar de Novo - 3,734 plays
- Meu namorado - 2,776 plays
- Gal From Joe's - 2,999 plays