0 Shouts - 56,389 Scrobbles
Simone Kopmajer is a young jazz singer from Austria, who made her US debut in 2000.Read More...
Kopmajer grew up in a family of musicians and began singing in her father's band when she was 12. At the same time she studied piano, though singing remained her first love. Early on, she entered and won various talent contests and even made appearances on television in her native country, Austria. As a young performer, she twice toured the Netherlands with the “Euro Big Band” and later appeared in several international jazz festivals.
Influenced by some of the great American vocalists like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Jon Hendricks, Kopmajer has developed into a true jazz singer who uses a wide variety of rhythms and excels in her very individual style of scatting.
Kopmajer received her Masters Degree from the University for Music and Dramatic Arts in Graz, Austria where she had the opportunity to work with such jazz luminaries as Mark Murphy, Sheila Jordan, Michele Hendricks, Jay Clayton, and the New York Voices.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whatever Happens - 7,340 plays
- How Do You Keep the Music Playing? - 2,795 plays
- A Time for Love - 2,316 plays
- Calling You - 2,291 plays
- Whatever Happens (Reprise) - 2,050 plays
- The Way You Look Tonight - 2,010 plays
- Where Or When - 1,672 plays
- Someone to Light Up My Life - 1,734 plays
- We Kiss in a Shadow - 1,495 plays
- A Blossom Fell - 1,563 plays