47 Shouts - 369,444 Scrobbles
Simon Joyner was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, but he’s lived in Omaha, Nebraska most of his life. The geography, mythology, and personal connection to both the South and the Midwest act as shadow characters throughout his large body of work–swallowing some characters, emboldening others, always reminding us that place is much more than mere scenery. Joyner’s songs and stories focus on struggling or haunted characters who confirm their humanity during moments of strength and weakness, disappointment, failure, and, of course, love.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Joy Division - (5:03) - 320 plays
- Javelin - (4:14) - 197 plays
- Last Will and Testament - (4:12) - 152 plays
- The Drunken Boat - (9:31) - 151 plays
- 747 - (5:04) - 130 plays
- One for the Catholic Girls - (6:16) - 171 plays
- Roll On - (4:51) - 110 plays
- The Arsonist - (2:58) - 129 plays
- Burn Rubber - (2:35) - 118 plays
- I Went to Our Lady of Perpetual Healing - (3:26) - 113 plays