15,521 Shouts - 113,591,530 Scrobbles
Sigur Rós are an icelandic post-rock band. The name is derived from the name of lead vocalist Jónsi Birgisson's little sister, Sigurrós. They hail from the same creative and vibrant Icelandic music scene as múm and Amiina. They released their first ever foray into film-making with their tour documentary, Heima in late 2007. Jón Þór Birgisson (Jónsi), Georg Hólm, and Ágúst Ævar Gunnarsson formed the group in Reykjavík, Iceland in August 1994.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hoppípolla - (4:29) - 134,961 plays
- Glósóli - (6:16) - 90,316 plays
- Starálfur - (6:44) - 78,792 plays
- Svefn-g-englar - (9:16) - 83,393 plays
- Brennisteinn - (8:08) - 78,323 plays
- Sæglópur - (7:40) - 67,088 plays
- Ekki múkk - (7:45) - 54,284 plays
- Gobbledigook - (3:04) - 51,473 plays
- Ný batterí - (8:08) - 46,018 plays
- Olsen Olsen - (8:03) - 52,529 plays