44 Shouts - 1,278,340 Scrobbles
Sidney Bechet (May 14, 1897 – May 14, 1959) was an American jazz saxophonist, clarinetist, and composer.
He was one of the first important soloists in jazz (beating cornetist and trumpeter Louis Armstrong to the recording studio by several months and later playing duets with Armstrong), and was perhaps the first notable jazz saxophonist. Forceful delivery, well-constructed improvisations, and a distinctive, wide vibrato characterized Bechet's playing.
Bechet's erratic temperament hampered his career, however, and not until the late 1940s did he earn wide acclaim.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Summertime - (4:08) - 8,581 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - (3:15) - 7,151 plays
- Petite Fleur - (3:16) - 4,009 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - From ''Midnight In Paris'' - (3:16) - 2,979 plays
- Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me - (5:41) - 2,093 plays
- Porto Rico - (3:11) - 1,133 plays
- Blue Horizon - (4:18) - 1,101 plays
- All of Me - (4:08) - 1,028 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mere - (3:13) - 909 plays
- Sweetie Dear - (2:49) - 577 plays