45 Shouts - 1,313,575 Scrobbles
Sidney Bechet (May 14, 1897 – May 14, 1959) was an American jazz saxophonist, clarinetist, and composer.
He was one of the first important soloists in jazz (beating cornetist and trumpeter Louis Armstrong to the recording studio by several months and later playing duets with Armstrong), and was perhaps the first notable jazz saxophonist. Forceful delivery, well-constructed improvisations, and a distinctive, wide vibrato characterized Bechet's playing.
Bechet's erratic temperament hampered his career, however, and not until the late 1940s did he earn wide acclaim.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Summertime - (4:08) - 8,599 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - (3:15) - 7,946 plays
- Petite Fleur - (3:16) - 3,982 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - From ''Midnight In Paris'' - (3:16) - 2,893 plays
- Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me - (5:41) - 2,596 plays
- Porto Rico - (3:11) - 1,133 plays
- Blue Horizon - (4:18) - 1,190 plays
- All of Me - (4:08) - 1,050 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mere - (3:13) - 915 plays
- Sweetie Dear - (2:49) - 585 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online