44 Shouts - 1,240,605 Scrobbles
Sidney Bechet (May 14, 1897 – May 14, 1959) was an American jazz saxophonist, clarinetist, and composer.
He was one of the first important soloists in jazz (beating cornetist and trumpeter Louis Armstrong to the recording studio by several months and later playing duets with Armstrong), and was perhaps the first notable jazz saxophonist. Forceful delivery, well-constructed improvisations, and a distinctive, wide vibrato characterized Bechet's playing.
Bechet's erratic temperament hampered his career, however, and not until the late 1940s did he earn wide acclaim.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Summertime - (4:08) - 7,468 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - (3:15) - 8,415 plays
- Petite Fleur - (3:16) - 4,606 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - From ''Midnight In Paris'' - (3:16) - 2,816 plays
- Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me - (5:43) - 2,823 plays
- All of Me - (2:58) - 1,266 plays
- Blue Horizon - (4:27) - 1,126 plays
- That's a-Plenty - (4:16) - 700 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mere - (3:13) - 841 plays
- Egyptian Fantasy - (3:06) - 783 plays
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations
- Adele’s New Album Reportedly Titled ’25’, Might Embark On World Tour