44 Shouts - 1,244,798 Scrobbles
Sidney Bechet (May 14, 1897 – May 14, 1959) was an American jazz saxophonist, clarinetist, and composer.
He was one of the first important soloists in jazz (beating cornetist and trumpeter Louis Armstrong to the recording studio by several months and later playing duets with Armstrong), and was perhaps the first notable jazz saxophonist. Forceful delivery, well-constructed improvisations, and a distinctive, wide vibrato characterized Bechet's playing.
Bechet's erratic temperament hampered his career, however, and not until the late 1940s did he earn wide acclaim.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Summertime - (4:08) - 7,737 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - (3:15) - 7,939 plays
- Petite Fleur - (3:16) - 4,408 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - From ''Midnight In Paris'' - (3:16) - 2,980 plays
- Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me - (5:41) - 2,642 plays
- All of Me - (4:08) - 1,179 plays
- Blue Horizon - (4:18) - 1,023 plays
- Porto Rico - (3:11) - 667 plays
- That's a-Plenty - (4:14) - 647 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mere - (3:13) - 809 plays