43 Shouts - 1,190,742 Scrobbles
Sidney Bechet (May 14, 1897 – May 14, 1959) was an American jazz saxophonist, clarinetist, and composer.
He was one of the first important soloists in jazz (beating cornetist and trumpeter Louis Armstrong to the recording studio by several months and later playing duets with Armstrong), and was perhaps the first notable jazz saxophonist. Forceful delivery, well-constructed improvisations, and a distinctive, wide vibrato characterized Bechet's playing.
Bechet's erratic temperament hampered his career, however, and not until the late 1940s did he earn wide acclaim.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mère - (3:15) - 9,031 plays
- Summertime - (4:05) - 5,684 plays
- Petite Fleur - (3:19) - 5,148 plays
- Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me - (5:43) - 3,152 plays
- Si tu vois ma mère - From ''Midnight In Paris'' - (3:16) - 2,471 plays
- Blue Horizon - (4:27) - 1,280 plays
- All of Me - (2:58) - 1,089 plays
- Egyptian Fantasy - (3:06) - 865 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mere - (3:16) - 924 plays
- Muskrat Ramble - (3:41) - 719 plays