Shoemaker Levy 9
0 Shouts - 53,573 Scrobbles
(1) Shoemaker Levy 9 was a mathcore band from the North of France. Its personality is marked by the many musical influences of each member of the line up. Its universe is located at the very frontiers of the sonorous extreme. In the September of 2002, the band was formed under the name of Down for Life. The band has evolved, and obtained its first on stage experiences through about forty gigs in France, and abroad. Down For Life recorded an EP in February 2000 called "It's always the same old Story", and had 250 copies pressed. This production was distributed and reviewed on specialised networks. The band obtained an initial experience of recording and established links with labels and distributors. In September 2004, the band welcomed a new drummer. It took advantage of this change to choose a new band name more suitable for the evolved style of syncopated and abrasive hardcore. Down for life became Shoemaker levy 9. The band worked at creating a new performance, and in June 2005 recorded its first in-studio album, "Pantheon". This first album mixes the more contemporary aspects of extreme music through a mathcore and chaotic hardcore. This mix of extremes gives birth to a meeting of grindcore, nu-jazz, and electro.Read More...
Halluin david - guitar;
Zwierneman Fabien - guitar;
Lherbiez Ludovic - bass;
Verheylesonne Jordan - vocal & lyrics;
Peru Olivier - drums;
(2) Shoemaker Levy 9 (now defunct) is one person with several personalities that make up a unified collective and "they" hail from Houston, Texas.
The sheer brilliance of the music, recorded in secrecy, under beds, in closets, bathrooms, attics, even in God's lovely woods. He takes the 4-track medium to extremes that are both unreal and unheard of in this "do it yourself" era of music. Comparisons to My Bloody Valentine, Seefeel & Spiritualized arise when one focuses on the effortless sonic bound breaking.
The music of Shoemaker Levy 9 from that of his Lo-Fi cousins and puts the project in the realm of one man masters. The single "Cynthia" is a riveting tune, penned to soothe the pain of a friend's childhood violation.
On 24 Hour Service Station
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cerebral Dysfunction - 7,496 plays
- Beyond Frontiers of Asylum - 6,571 plays
- Deconstructive Process - 6,053 plays
- Vestige of Self Effacement - 5,983 plays
- Compassion - 5,956 plays
- Claustrophobic Control - 5,276 plays
- The Genetic Clock Reign - 4,942 plays
- Absense - 4,614 plays
- Premonition - 1,615 plays
- Walking Through the Forest In Regret - 1,215 plays