325 Shouts - 2,689,959 Scrobbles
Shocking Blue were a Dutch rock band from The Hague that existed from 1967 to 1974. They had a hit world-wide with the song "Venus," which went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in February 1970. The song was immediately covered at the year of its release by Greek pop band Olympians, with entirely different lyrics in Greek and retitled as "Το Κορίτσι Του Μάη" (To koritsi tou Mai - The girl of May). It was later part of the Stars on 45 Medley (which put it at #1 in 1981), and covered by British girl band Bananarama in the 1980s (1986) and Japanese singer Yoko Nagayama (also in 1986).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsA Goddess on a mountain top
Was burning like a silver flame
The summit of beauty and love
And Venus was her name
She's got it,
- Send Me A Postcard - (2:40) - 11,729 plays
- Long And Lonesome Road - (2:51) - 6,982 plays
- Love Buzz - (3:45) - 3,585 plays
- Never Marry a Railroad Man - (3:07) - 4,067 plays
- Mighty Joe - (3:08) - 2,187 plays
- Never Married a Railroad Man - (3:04) - 2,710 plays
- Shocking You - (3:01) - 2,245 plays
- California Here i come - (3:16) - 1,946 plays
- Hello Darkness - (2:54) - 1,711 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online