321 Shouts - 2,578,481 Scrobbles
Shocking Blue were a Dutch rock band from The Hague that existed from 1967 to 1974. They had a hit world-wide with the song "Venus," which went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in February 1970. The song was immediately covered at the year of its release by Greek pop band Olympians, with entirely different lyrics in Greek and retitled as "Το Κορίτσι Του Μάη" (To koritsi tou Mai - The girl of May). It was later part of the Stars on 45 Medley (which put it at #1 in 1981), and covered by British girl band Bananarama in the 1980s (1986) and Japanese singer Yoko Nagayama (also in 1986).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Venus - (2:59) - 25,738 plays
- Send Me A Postcard - (2:40) - 11,561 plays
- Long And Lonesome Road - (2:51) - 7,615 plays
- Love Buzz - (3:45) - 4,132 plays
- Never Marry a Railroad Man - (3:07) - 4,659 plays
- Shocking You - (3:01) - 2,508 plays
- Mighty Joe - (3:08) - 2,179 plays
- Never Married a Railroad Man - (3:04) - 2,401 plays
- California Here i come - (3:16) - 3,553 plays
- Hello Darkness - (2:54) - 1,626 plays