314 Shouts - 2,430,821 Scrobbles
Shocking Blue were a Dutch rock band from The Hague that existed from 1967 to 1974. They had a hit world-wide with the song "Venus," which went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in February 1970. The song was immediately covered at the year of its release by Greek pop band Olympians, with entirely different lyrics in Greek and retitled as "Το Κορίτσι Του Μάη" (To koritsi tou Mai - The girl of May). It was later part of the Stars on 45 Medley (which put it at #1 in 1981), and covered by British girl band Bananarama in the 1980s (1986) and Japanese singer Yoko Nagayama (also in 1986).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Venus - (2:59) - 24,646 plays
- Send Me A Postcard - (2:40) - 10,935 plays
- Long And Lonesome Road - (2:51) - 9,250 plays
- Love Buzz - (3:45) - 4,515 plays
- Never Marry a Railroad Man - (3:07) - 5,529 plays
- Mighty Joe - (3:08) - 2,310 plays
- Shocking You - (3:01) - 2,689 plays
- California Here i come - (3:16) - 2,479 plays
- Never Married a Railroad Man - (3:04) - 2,570 plays
- Hello Darkness - (2:54) - 1,811 plays