25 Shouts - 118,838 Scrobbles
Shivkumar Sharma (born 13th January 1938) is an Indian classical musician, working in the Hindustani classical music tradition. He is a master of the santoor, a folk instrument from the valley of Kashmir. It is a type of hammered dulcimer whose strings are struck with a pair of light carved wooden mallets. Before him the santoor was regarded as only an accompanying instrument. He is credited with single-handedly making the santoor a popular classical instrument, to the extent that the santoor and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma are synonymous.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Walking in the rain - (5:49) - 158 plays
- Spirit of Kashmir - (7:39) - 49 plays
- Dadra - (15:33) - 33 plays
- Raga Purya Kalyan - (43:57) - 15 plays
- Drut Gat - (17:23) - 23 plays
- Kirwani - (29:51) - 12 plays
- Himalayan Dawn - (5:44) - 38 plays
- Madhya Gat - (9:22) - 21 plays
- Raga Gurjari Todi - Gat In Madhya~Laya Teental - (19:38) - 18 plays
- Rag Des - (6:04) - 13 plays