25 Shouts - 119,121 Scrobbles
Shivkumar Sharma (born 13th January 1938) is an Indian classical musician, working in the Hindustani classical music tradition. He is a master of the santoor, a folk instrument from the valley of Kashmir. It is a type of hammered dulcimer whose strings are struck with a pair of light carved wooden mallets. Before him the santoor was regarded as only an accompanying instrument. He is credited with single-handedly making the santoor a popular classical instrument, to the extent that the santoor and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma are synonymous.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Walking in the rain - (5:49) - 162 plays
- Spirit of Kashmir - (7:39) - 41 plays
- Raga Kirvani - (29:48) - 31 plays
- Himalayan Dawn - (5:44) - 44 plays
- Raga Patdeep - Jhala - (5:48) - 18 plays
- Rag Piloo - (7:56) - 17 plays
- Rag Des - (6:04) - 14 plays
- Rag Pahadi - 14 plays
- Shikara by Moonlight - (6:11) - 37 plays
- Madhya Gat - (9:22) - 19 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online