25 Shouts - 117,210 Scrobbles
Shivkumar Sharma (born 13th January 1938) is an Indian classical musician, working in the Hindustani classical music tradition. He is a master of the santoor, a folk instrument from the valley of Kashmir. It is a type of hammered dulcimer whose strings are struck with a pair of light carved wooden mallets. Before him the santoor was regarded as only an accompanying instrument. He is credited with single-handedly making the santoor a popular classical instrument, to the extent that the santoor and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma are synonymous.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Walking in the rain - (5:49) - 65 plays
- Himalayan Dawn - (5:44) - 42 plays
- Raga Kirvani - (29:48) - 32 plays
- Spirit of Kashmir - (7:39) - 35 plays
- Rag Piloo - (7:56) - 18 plays
- Dhun-Mishra Kirwani - (12:55) - 18 plays
- Mountain Love Song - (4:12) - 36 plays
- Bhoop - (6:12) - 13 plays
- Slow Gat - (20:08) - 20 plays
- Rag Pahadi - 14 plays