25 Shouts - 115,377 Scrobbles
Shivkumar Sharma (born 13th January 1938) is an Indian classical musician, working in the Hindustani classical music tradition. He is a master of the santoor, a folk instrument from the valley of Kashmir. It is a type of hammered dulcimer whose strings are struck with a pair of light carved wooden mallets. Before him the santoor was regarded as only an accompanying instrument. He is credited with single-handedly making the santoor a popular classical instrument, to the extent that the santoor and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma are synonymous.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Walking in the rain - (5:49) - 51 plays
- Himalayan Dawn - (5:44) - 38 plays
- Mountain Love Song - (4:12) - 35 plays
- Evening Prayer - (7:13) - 36 plays
- Spirit of Kashmir - (7:39) - 37 plays
- Shikara by Moonlight - (6:11) - 25 plays
- Ballad - (5:51) - 25 plays
- Sunrise on the Peaks - (6:43) - 26 plays
- Ganga - (13:22) - 24 plays
- Raga Kirvani - (29:48) - 24 plays