25 Shouts - 113,798 Scrobbles
Shivkumar Sharma (born 13th January 1938) is an Indian classical musician, working in the Hindustani classical music tradition. He is a master of the santoor, a folk instrument from the valley of Kashmir. It is a type of hammered dulcimer whose strings are struck with a pair of light carved wooden mallets. Before him the santoor was regarded as only an accompanying instrument. He is credited with single-handedly making the santoor a popular classical instrument, to the extent that the santoor and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma are synonymous.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spirit of Kashmir - (7:39) - 102 plays
- Ganga - (13:22) - 111 plays
- Mountain Love Song - (4:12) - 88 plays
- Evening Prayer - (7:13) - 99 plays
- Himalayan Dawn - (5:44) - 90 plays
- Ballad - (5:51) - 83 plays
- Sunrise on the Peaks - (6:43) - 75 plays
- Twilight Shadows - (6:50) - 59 plays
- Drut Gat - (17:23) - 65 plays
- Slow Gat - (20:08) - 54 plays