0 Shouts - 322,704 Scrobbles
1) Shinobu vocalist/guitarist Mike Moroboshi-Huguenor and drummer Jon Fu were playing together in the local punk band Argyle when they decided in the fall of 2002 that a change was in order. Based in San Jose, the two began playing together on the side under the influence of bands like the Weakerthans and Death Cab for Cutie. They soon added bassist Bob Vielma and guitarist Vince to complete what had become the indie rock of Shinobu. Vince left the following summer to be replaced by local jazz vet Matt Keegan on guitar, and after various self-released demos and compilation appearances, Shinobu debuted on Let's Go Records with Herostratus vs. Time. Worstward Ho! followed in September 2006 on Asian Man.Read More...
2) A synth-pop duo consisting of Shinobu Narita and Ken Asama The former went on to form techno-pop unit Urban Dance and was also a member of 4-D.
Shinobu Narita (vocals, guitar, keyboards, tape)
Ken Asama (synthe-bass, noises, tapes)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Teachers Get Tired - 15,454 plays
- Not Gonna Happen - 11,401 plays
- t-t-t-trepanning - 10,366 plays
- Regular Love Triangle - 12,169 plays
- Can Dialectics Break Bricks? - 10,941 plays
- boourns - 7,415 plays
- Hail, Hail the Executioner - 7,325 plays
- Sometimes I Wish I Were A Cat - 8,613 plays
- Cetacean History - 8,147 plays
- Same Bastards - 5,965 plays