Shape of Despair
681 Shouts - 1,342,527 Scrobbles
Helsinki, Finland based Shape of Despair came into being during winter 1995, the brainchild of band leader Jarno Salomaa (guitars and synth) and Tomi Ullgren (guitars). All the while searching for the ultimate line-up, Shape of Despair recorded a demo-tape "Alone in the Mist", a promo, and two albums. While the debut "Shades of..." caused quite a stir in the underground, their aim became unwavering for the second one and "Angels of Distress" was a bull's-eye shot, a defining moment for a talented band already well set in their ways.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsCome closer for myself...and let your angels fly away.
As i am , forgiven by them... my angels.
Feel mine cleansing touch... fall through your worlds...
Let me caress you...let me take you through my worlds.
- LyricsI've losted mine strength,
i've losted mine sanity.
I've seen myself falling
and i'm tired to stand.
- LyricsQuietly these colours will fade
but soon they will be as one.
For a moment i will stare
into this deep saddened sea
and will suffer the death's fright.
- LyricsSweet bleak bliss of these pale mists pass...
and i watch in trance how this weather's wind howls between the trees...
and how these last signs of light smoothly dances within...
trying to ease this dark burden... just let me emerge in and touch sylvan-night...
Carefully they caress me and touch gently...
- Sleep Mirrored - (6:09) - 3,012 plays
- Shadowed Dreams - (9:40) - 3,251 plays
- Woundheir - (10:45) - 3,004 plays
- ...to Live for My Death... - (17:21) - 2,717 plays
- ...in the Mist - (13:43) - 2,807 plays