Sha Na Na
25 Shouts - 550,847 Scrobbles
The group began singing as part of the longstanding Columbia University a cappella group The Kingsmen, but changed their name due to the Pacific Northwest group of the same name, famous for covering "Louie, Louie". Conceived by George Leonard, then a graduate student in Humanities, Sha Na Na began performing in 1969, at the height of the hippie counterculture, and achieved national fame after playing at the Woodstock Festival, where they preceded Jimi Hendrix.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blue Moon - (2:50) - 1,604 plays
- Hound Dog - (2:21) - 1,500 plays
- Tears On My Pillow - (2:25) - 1,321 plays
- Those Magic Changes - (2:18) - 1,482 plays
- Born to Hand Jive - (4:38) - 1,366 plays
- At The Hop - (1:54) - 846 plays
- Rock & Roll Is Here to Stay - (2:23) - 876 plays
- Witch Doctor - (2:20) - 508 plays
- Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - (2:21) - 296 plays
- Rama Lama Ding Dong - (2:21) - 276 plays