Sha Na Na
26 Shouts - 597,191 Scrobbles
The group began singing as part of the longstanding Columbia University a cappella group The Kingsmen, but changed their name due to the Pacific Northwest group of the same name, famous for covering "Louie, Louie". Conceived by George Leonard, then a graduate student in Humanities, Sha Na Na began performing in 1969, at the height of the hippie counterculture, and achieved national fame after playing at the Woodstock Festival, where they preceded Jimi Hendrix.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hound Dog - (2:21) - 1,088 plays
- Blue Moon - (2:50) - 1,126 plays
- Those Magic Changes - (2:18) - 1,290 plays
- Tears on My Pillow - (2:25) - 942 plays
- Born to Hand Jive - (4:38) - 1,002 plays
- Rock & Roll Is Here to Stay - (2:23) - 668 plays
- At the Hop - (2:07) - 668 plays
- Witch Doctor - (2:20) - 477 plays
- Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - (2:21) - 217 plays
- Rama Lama Ding Dong - (2:21) - 267 plays