Sha Na Na
26 Shouts - 625,725 Scrobbles
The group began singing as part of the longstanding Columbia University a cappella group The Kingsmen, but changed their name due to the Pacific Northwest group of the same name, famous for covering "Louie, Louie". Conceived by George Leonard, then a graduate student in Humanities, Sha Na Na began performing in 1969, at the height of the hippie counterculture, and achieved national fame after playing at the Woodstock Festival, where they preceded Jimi Hendrix.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blue Moon - (2:50) - 991 plays
- Hound Dog - (2:21) - 931 plays
- Born to Hand Jive - (4:38) - 1,069 plays
- Those Magic Changes - (2:18) - 1,302 plays
- Tears on My Pillow - (2:25) - 857 plays
- Rock & Roll Is Here to Stay - (2:23) - 657 plays
- At the Hop - (2:00) - 555 plays
- Rock 'n' Roll is Here to Stay - (2:04) - 189 plays
- Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - (2:22) - 145 plays
- Witch Doctor - (2:21) - 236 plays