Set Fire to Flames
0 Shouts - 1,968,591 Scrobbles
Set Fire to Flames is a band of thirteen musicians from Montreal, Canada, formed in 1999, who have released two albums on Alien8 Recordings or FatCat Records depending on where you live.Read More...
Both albums were recorded "in states of little or no sleep, in varying levels of intoxication, and in physical confinement," with the result being brooding, eerie music. The material for their first album Sings Reign Rebuilder was created over five days in a dilapidated old apartment in Montreal and is a mixture of improvisation, composition, and environment noises. Their sophomore double album Telegraphs In Negative / Mouths Trapped In Static was recorded in a barn in rural Ontario; the sounds of the creaking doors and other background noise are heard in the songs.
Many of their tracks are very minimalist in nature, filled with ambient noise and various other non-musical sound effects, juxtaposed or combined with instrumental music.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Omaha - 83,159 plays
- When Sorrow Shoots Her Darts - 76,048 plays
- When I First Get to Phoenix - 70,040 plays
- There Is No Dance in Frequency and Balance - 67,237 plays
- Your Guts Are Like Mine - 68,341 plays
- Esquimalt Harbour - 56,833 plays
- Kill Fatigue Frequencies - 58,579 plays
- Two Tears in a Bucket - 57,725 plays
- Measure de Mesure - 47,573 plays
- And the Birds Are About to Bust Their Guts With Singing - 51,183 plays