0 Shouts - 2,653 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists sharing the name Sermon.Read More...
1. A Metal band with Progressive influences from Russia. (Read More)
2. A UK Black Metal band with Doom elements.(Read More)
3. A chaotic hardcore band from Germany with future members of Kinetic Crash Cooperation
4. A Gothic/Doom Metal band from Turkey, split up after some demos.
1. Sermon is a metal band from Moscow, Russia. Their style is hard to classify, but would land somewhere in the realm of death/thrash metal with progressive and melodic leanings, and a variety of influences. They were originally known as SS-20, but changed their name to Sermon in 1994. They have released 3 full length albums, and one demo.
From Death to Death (1998, CD)
Hypertonia (1999, Cassette only)
Frustration (2003, CD)
Last known Line-Up:
Pavel Suslov - Vocals, guitar
Sergey Smagin - Guitar
Vasily Rumjantsev - Bass
Dmitri Osipov - Drums
2. UK Black Metal Sermon changed their name to Sermon Of Orion.
3. Sermon was founded in the fall of 1997 in Germany, when Frank and Ray met. After some initial disappointments looking for a drummer they found Thorsten. They recorded one demo in the spring of 98 and the second in the summer with the help of Nikolai Potthoff of enfold. Unfortunately, not long after that, guitarist Ray left Germany to go to college in New York, marking the end of the experiment in brutality called sermon, though the band got back together for a well-attended reunion in early 1999.
After Sermon split Frank and Thorsten formed the kinetic crash cooperation.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Want to Reach the Dawn - 126 plays
- Sad Clown - 105 plays
- Sea Of Meanings - 76 plays
- Crying Skies - 79 plays
- tiefschlaf - 63 plays
- Eternal Progress - 85 plays
- The Beginning of the Day - 78 plays
- Time Before The Dawn - 47 plays
- Forever Lost - 80 plays
- Another's Spring (Kills Me) - 66 plays