1,168 Shouts - 11,112,191 Scrobbles
Secondhand Serenade is a one man band from Menlo Park, California. John Vesely, 30, sings and plays guitar and piano. His music is characterized by multitrack recording so he can create the sound of a band by himself. He uses multitrack recording to create vocal harmonies, and a lead acoustic guitar over strummed chords. After the breakup of Sounds Like Life, featuring himself and Ronnie Day, Vesely started writing and performing his songs solo under the name Secondhand Serenade. (Secondhand, because his wife, Candice, hears all his songs firsthand.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe best thing 'bout tonight's that we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before?
I know you don't think that I am trying
I know you're wearing thin down to the core
But hold your breath
- LyricsWaiting for your call, I’m sick, call I’m angry
Call I’m desperate for your voice
I’m listening to the song we used to sing
In the car, do you remember, butterfly, early summer?
It’s playing on repeat, just like when we would meet
- LyricsDidn't you want to hear the sound of all the places we could go?
Do you fear the expressions on the faces we don't know?
It's a cold hard road when you wake up and I don't think that I
Have the strength to let you go
Maybe it's just me, couldn't you believe
- LyricsSlow down, the world isn't watching us break down
It's safe to say we are alone now, we're alone now
Not a whisper, the only noise is the receiver
I'm counting the seconds until you break the silence
So please just break the silence
- LyricsThe buttons on my phone are worn thin
I don't think that I knew
The chaos I was getting in
But I've broken all my promises to you
I've broken all my promises to you
- Like a Knife - (4:26) - 15,281 plays
- Stranger - (4:47) - 13,796 plays
- Goodbye - (5:27) - 13,626 plays
- Stay Close, Don't Go - (3:34) - 12,242 plays
- Vulnerable - (3:22) - 12,193 plays