Screamin' Jay Hawkins
224 Shouts - 2,302,025 Scrobbles
Screamin' Jay Hawkins (Jalacy Hawkins, July 18, 1929 – February 12, 2000) was an American musician, singer, and actor, famed for his powerful, operatic vocal delivery and wildly theatrical performances of songs such as "I Put a Spell on You" and "Frenzy". Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Hawkins studied classical piano as a child and learned guitar in his twenties. His initial goal was to become an opera singer (Hawkins has cited Paul Robeson as his musical idol in interviews), but when his initial ambitions failed he began his career as a conventional blues singer and pianist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI put a spell on you because you're mine
You better stop the things that you do
I ain't lyin', no, I ain't lyin'
I just can't stand it babe
The way you're always runnin' 'round
- LyricsFrenzy, dig this crazy mood I'm in
Listen to my heart as it starts to spin
Wish, when you kiss me, and do it again
I'm in a frenzy
Watch my eyes, when you light them up, bling
- Little Demon - (2:26) - 3,275 plays
- Heart Attack and Vine - (4:26) - 1,928 plays
- Alligator Wine - (3:06) - 1,974 plays
- Portrait Of A Man - (4:23) - 2,139 plays
- Yellow Coat - (2:22) - 1,381 plays
- Hong Kong - (2:22) - 1,642 plays
- I Hear Voices - (2:40) - 1,300 plays
- I Love Paris - (2:25) - 1,171 plays