Screamin' Jay Hawkins
222 Shouts - 2,139,295 Scrobbles
Screamin' Jay Hawkins (Jalacy Hawkins, July 18, 1929 – February 12, 2000) was an American musician, singer, and actor, famed for his powerful, operatic vocal delivery and wildly theatrical performances of songs such as "I Put a Spell on You" and "Frenzy". Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Hawkins studied classical piano as a child and learned guitar in his twenties. His initial goal was to become an opera singer (Hawkins has cited Paul Robeson as his musical idol in interviews), but when his initial ambitions failed he began his career as a conventional blues singer and pianist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Put a Spell on You - (2:24) - 32,169 plays
- Frenzy - (2:13) - 3,672 plays
- Little Demon - (2:26) - 2,853 plays
- Alligator Wine - (3:06) - 1,973 plays
- Portrait Of A Man - (4:23) - 2,244 plays
- I Hear Voices - (2:40) - 1,346 plays
- Hong Kong - (2:22) - 1,614 plays
- Yellow Coat - (2:22) - 1,342 plays
- Constipation Blues - (6:24) - 1,238 plays
- I Love Paris - (2:25) - 1,272 plays