Screamin' Jay Hawkins
223 Shouts - 2,213,197 Scrobbles
Screamin' Jay Hawkins (Jalacy Hawkins, July 18, 1929 – February 12, 2000) was an American musician, singer, and actor, famed for his powerful, operatic vocal delivery and wildly theatrical performances of songs such as "I Put a Spell on You" and "Frenzy". Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Hawkins studied classical piano as a child and learned guitar in his twenties. His initial goal was to become an opera singer (Hawkins has cited Paul Robeson as his musical idol in interviews), but when his initial ambitions failed he began his career as a conventional blues singer and pianist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI put a spell on you because you're mine
You better stop the things that you do
I ain't lyin', no, I ain't lyin'
I just can't stand it babe
The way you're always runnin' 'round
- LyricsFrenzy, dig this crazy mood I'm in
Listen to my heart as it starts to spin
Wish, when you kiss me, and do it again
I'm in a frenzy
Watch my eyes, when you light them up, bling
- Little Demon - (2:26) - 3,733 plays
- Heart Attack and Vine - (4:26) - 1,899 plays
- Alligator Wine - (3:06) - 2,359 plays
- Portrait Of A Man - (4:23) - 2,317 plays
- Hong Kong - (2:22) - 1,870 plays
- I Hear Voices - (2:40) - 1,485 plays
- Yellow Coat - (2:22) - 1,751 plays
- I Love Paris - (2:25) - 1,418 plays