Screamin' Jay Hawkins
209 Shouts - 1,871,465 Scrobbles
Jalacy J. Hawkins' wild songs and onstage theatrics of his self-created brand of voodoo jive earned him the name Screamin' Jay Hawkins. His act has often featured him emerging from a casket to sing his best-known hit, "I Put a Spell on You" (1956), carrying a skull smoking a cigarette. He is considered the first true "shock-rocker," with his onstage antics.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI put a spell on you
Because you're mine
Stop the things you do
Watch out, I ain't lyin'
Yeah, I can't stand it
- LyricsFrenzy, dig this crazy mood I'm in
Listen to my heart as it starts to spin
Wish, when you kiss me, and do it again
I'm in a frenzy
Watch my eyes, when you light them up, bling
- Little Demon - (2:26) - 4,348 plays
- Alligator Wine - (3:04) - 2,612 plays
- LyricsA forty gallon hat
And some polka-dot shoes.
Tomato pickin' onion juice
To drive away my blues.
A bright red leather suit,
- Hong Kong - (2:22) - 2,339 plays
- Portrait Of A Man - (4:23) - 2,506 plays
- I Love Paris - (2:25) - 1,859 plays
- Person to Person - (2:10) - 1,702 plays
- Constipation Blues - (6:24) - 1,561 plays