Screamin' Jay Hawkins
214 Shouts - 2,007,475 Scrobbles
Jalacy J. Hawkins' wild songs and onstage theatrics of his self-created brand of voodoo jive earned him the name Screamin' Jay Hawkins. His act has often featured him emerging from a casket to sing his best-known hit, "I Put a Spell on You" (1956), carrying a skull smoking a cigarette. He is considered the first true "shock-rocker," with his onstage antics.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI put a spell on you because you're mine
You better stop the things that you do
I ain't lyin', no, I ain't lyin'
I just can't stand it babe
The way you're always runnin' 'round
- LyricsFrenzy, dig this crazy mood I'm in
Listen to my heart as it starts to spin
Wish, when you kiss me, and do it again
I'm in a frenzy
Watch my eyes, when you light them up, bling
- Little Demon - (2:26) - 3,583 plays
- Alligator Wine - (3:04) - 2,725 plays
- LyricsA forty gallon hat
And some polka-dot shoes.
Tomato pickin' onion juice
To drive away my blues.
A bright red leather suit,
- Portrait Of A Man - (4:23) - 2,149 plays
- I Hear Voices - (2:40) - 1,591 plays
- Hong Kong - (2:22) - 1,725 plays
- Constipation Blues - (6:24) - 1,339 plays
- I Love Paris - (2:25) - 1,343 plays