Originally from Minneapolis, Gagner began his musical career as a drummer soaking up local favorites Hüsker Dü, The Replacements, and The Jayhawks. He moved to San Francisco, traded his drum sticks for an acoustic guitar, and began writing. From the start, his songs were rhythmically sophisticated and melodically mature, with hooks both surprising and inevitable. An obsession with home recording quickly developed, and he soon found himself spending every night hunched over a cheap four-track cassette recorder.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Hate To Say - (3:57) - 39 plays
- Not Without Hope - (4:07) - 25 plays
- Catching My Breath - (3:54) - 30 plays
- Moonlight Dancing - (4:01) - 31 plays
- Take It Easy on Yourself - (2:20) - 26 plays
- Waterloo - (3:01) - 25 plays
- Few and Far Between - (3:29) - 29 plays
- I've Taken a Shine to You - (2:43) - 12 plays
- I'll Be Drinking This Christmas - (3:36) - 16 plays
- Dreams - (3:44) - 16 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online