Originally from Minneapolis, Gagner began his musical career as a drummer soaking up local favorites Hüsker Dü, The Replacements, and The Jayhawks. He moved to San Francisco, traded his drum sticks for an acoustic guitar, and began writing. From the start, his songs were rhythmically sophisticated and melodically mature, with hooks both surprising and inevitable. An obsession with home recording quickly developed, and he soon found himself spending every night hunched over a cheap four-track cassette recorder.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Waterloo - (3:01) - 101 plays
- Take It Easy on Yourself - (2:20) - 98 plays
- I Hate To Say - (3:57) - 78 plays
- Not Without Hope - (4:07) - 89 plays
- I've Taken a Shine to You - (2:43) - 87 plays
- Moonlight Dancing - (4:01) - 82 plays
- I’ve Taken a Shine to You - (2:43) - 52 plays
- Catching My Breath - (3:54) - 70 plays
- Good Friend - (3:09) - 70 plays
- Few and Far Between - (3:29) - 68 plays