0 Shouts - 5,008,462 Scrobbles
There are at least eight artists named Scandal:Read More...
1) SCANDAL, Japanese all-girl rock band
2) Scandal, American rock band featuring Patty Smyth
3) Scandal, Hungarian hard rock band
4) The Scandal, Tasmanian progressive punk band
5) Scandal, Swedish hardcore techno producer
6) Scandal, Romanian punk band
7) Scandal, American rapper
8) Scandal, Australian rock band
9) Scandal, Belarussian band
10) Scandal, American disco group
1) In August 2006 four high school girls from Osaka, Japan started a band called SCANDAL. HARUNA (Vocal & Guitar), MAMI (Guitar & Vocal), TOMOMI (Bass & Vocal) and RINA (Drums & Vocal) started performing almost every weekend in Shiroten and later at clubs and musical venues, by doing so they became more and more recognised in all of Japan. In August 2007 Tower Records approached them, and a couple of months later they came to an agreement. In 2008 they released three singles in three consecutive months. After the release of their first mini-album, due to the low number of units Tower Records produced, SCANDAL signed a contract with Sony's daughter company Epic Records in September 2008.
2) Scandal is a rock band from the 1980s fronted by Patty Smyth. The band scored a hit in the US with the song “The Warrior”, which peaked at #7 in 1984. Other minor hits included “Goodbye to You” (1982 - #65 US), “Love’s Got A Line On You” (1983 - #59 US), and “Hands Tied” (1984 - #41 US).
Scandal was formed in New York City in 1981 by guitarist Zack Smith, who also wrote most of the band’s hits. The other initial members included: bassist Ivan Elias (1950-1995), guitarist Keith Mack, guitarist Jon Bon Jovi (briefly), keyboardist Benjy King, drummer Frankie LaRocka, and vocalist Patty Smyth. Thommy Price later replaced LaRocka on drums.
The band had much success early on but due to struggles within the group and their record company, it slowly dissolved—losing member after member. By the time “The Warrior” tour hit the road in 1984, all that remained of the original lineup were Smyth and Mack. Scandal broke up shortly after the tour ended in 1985. The group (minus Ivan Elias, who died of cancer in June 1995) reunited in 2004 for VH1’s Bands Reunited show and did a string of concerts on the United States East Coast culminating in a show at Irving Plaza in their home city (New York) on February 9, 2005. During the summer of 2006, the band (excluding Thommy Price) reunited again for VH1’s “We Are The 80’s” tour, playing a string of large - mainly outdoor - venues and earning critical acclaim. During the summer and fall of 2007, they toured again (this time without Zack Smith).
In July 2008, Billboard reported the upcoming release of new music by Patty Smyth and Scandal (featuring original members Keith Mack and Benjy King). At a performance in Dewey Beach, DE on August 3, 2008, Smyth indicated Scandal would be releasing a new five song EP in the near future. Scandal also performed one of their new songs, “Trust In Me”. Other new titles include “Make It Hard” and “End Of The Girl”. Patty Smyth & Scandal debuted their first single as a band (“Hard For You To Love Me”, also referred to as “Make It Hard”) in over 24 years on January 17, 2009 in Ridgefield, CT to a standing ovation. Patty Smyth stated the song will be available to purchase digitally in February 2009, with the new EP to follow shortly. However, the single has been delayed to late 2009 as the EP will expanded to a full length album according to Patty Smyth’s blog in May 2009.
Band members - Patty Smyth (lead vocals) (1981-1985, 2004-) / Zack Smith (guitars) (1981-1984, 2004-2006) / Keith Mack (guitars) (1982-1985, 2004-) / Benjy King (keyboards/guitars) (1982-1984, 2004-) / Ivan Elias (bass) (1982–1984) / Kasim Sulton (bass) (2004–2005) / Tom Welsch (bass) (2007-) / Frankie LaRocka (drums) (1981-1982) / Thommy Price (drums) (1982-1984, 2004-2005) / Eran Asias (drums) (2007-)
3. A Hungarian Hard Rock / Heavy Metal band
4. A Tasmanian progressive punk band called The Scandal, often mislabelled as ‘Scandal’. The band released its debut album in 2006.
5. A swedish hardcore-techno producer.
6. A romanian punk band.
7. An american rapper.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou run, run, runaway it's your
Heart that you betray
Feeding on your hungry eyes
I bet you're not so civilized
Isn't love primitive a wild gift
- LyricsThose times I waited for you seem so long ago
I wanted you far too much to ever let you go
You know I never got by, "I feel it too"
And I guess I never could stand to lose
It's such a pity to say
- LyricsKawashita hazu no nai yakusoku ga
Kyou mo bokura no mirai wo ubaou to suru
Hoshigatteita mono wo te ni shite mo
Sunao ni umaku waraenai no wa naze darou
Afureru namida wa yowasa ya koukai ja nai
- Lyricssakki made to itteru koto chigau ja nai
chotto dake sugao miseta keredo
zutto iraira iraira shite wa
atashi o mono mitai ni atsukatte
sakki made to itteru koto chigau ja nai
- LyricsTooku e itte shimau mae ni tsutaenakya to omoinagara
Kyou mo sugiteyuku jikan
Waraiatte sukoshi muneitamete
Harukaze ga fuku yoru "Hanaretakunai naa" tte
Sonna koto wo omotte nanka yokei ienakunatte
- DOLL - 120,388 plays
- 瞬間センチメンタル - 116,762 plays
- Pride - 107,479 plays
- SCANDAL BABY - 84,478 plays
- 少女S - 92,284 plays