1,162 Shouts - 7,310,928 Scrobbles
As pioneers of, and at the forefront of the then new wave of british heavy metal the band enjoyed a period of prominence in the UK (including popular chart success) and Europe in the early 1980s, and later the USA and Japan. Saxon started in South Yorkshire, England as SOB during 1976 with founder members Graham Oliver and Steve Dawson.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe used to be an iron horse twenty years ago
Used to bring the mail to me through the ice and snow
I sat alone and watched her steaming through the night
Ninety tons of thunder riding up the sky
She was the princess of the night, go
When my foots on the throttle there's no looking back
I leave the motor tickin' over when she's back on the track
I've got a 68 Chevy with pipes on the side
You know she's my idea of beauty, that's what I drive
- LyricsWhere were you in '79 when the dam began to burst?
Did you check us out down at the local show?
Were you wearing denim, wearing leather?
Did you run down to the front?
Did you queue for your ticket through the ice and snow?
- LyricsWe've got a 747 coming down in the night
There's no power, there's no runway lights
Radio operator try to get a message through
Tell the flight deck, New York has no lights
There's no power, what do we do?
- LyricsCrusader, crusader, please take me with you
The battle lies far to the east
Crusader, crusader, don't leave me alone
I want to ride out on your quest
I'm waiting, I'm waiting to stand by your side
- And the Bands Played On - (2:46) - 8,069 plays
- Ride Like the Wind - (4:23) - 7,822 plays
- Never Surrender - (3:37) - 5,798 plays
- Motorcycle Man - (4:10) - 5,262 plays
- Heavy Metal Thunder - (5:17) - 4,945 plays