1,188 Shouts - 7,909,709 Scrobbles
As pioneers of, and at the forefront of the then new wave of british heavy metal the band enjoyed a period of prominence in the UK (including popular chart success) and Europe in the early 1980s, and later the USA and Japan. Saxon started in South Yorkshire, England as SOB during 1976 with founder members Graham Oliver and Steve Dawson.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe used to be an iron horse twenty years ago
Used to bring the mail to me through the ice and snow
I sat alone and watched her steaming through the night
Ninety tons of thunder riding up the sky
She was the princess of the night, go
- LyricsWhere were you in '79 when the dam began to burst?
Did you check us out down at the local show?
Were you wearing denim, wearing leather?
Did you run down to the front?
Did you queue for your ticket through the ice and snow?
- Wheels of Steel - (5:38) - 10,307 plays
- Crusader - (6:04) - 9,333 plays
- 747 (Strangers in the Night) - (3:42) - 8,748 plays
- And the Bands Played On - (2:46) - 7,702 plays
- Ride Like the Wind - (4:23) - 7,961 plays
- Never Surrender - (3:37) - 5,832 plays
- Motorcycle Man - (4:10) - 4,502 plays
- Heavy Metal Thunder - (5:17) - 4,714 plays