1,026 Shouts - 6,876,861 Scrobbles
Savatage is a heavy metal/progressive metal band founded by the brothers Jon and Criss Oliva in 1979. The band is known for recording many rock operas. Early on, Savatage was a traditional heavy metal band, who stood out from the pack due to guitarist Criss Oliva's uncommonly heavy riffing and vocalist Jon Oliva's unique vocal stylings. Following the failure of Fight for the Rock, an attempt to commercialize their sound, Savatage began moving in a more operatic direction, releasing a number of rock opera albums in collaboration with producer Paul O'Neill.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hall Of The Mountain King - (5:33) - 12,168 plays
- Gutter Ballet - (6:21) - 8,360 plays
- Edge Of Thorns - (5:54) - 6,563 plays
- When The Crowds Are Gone - (5:45) - 5,228 plays
- Strange Wings - (3:46) - 4,607 plays
- Legions - (4:50) - 3,689 plays
- Beyond the Doors of the Dark - (5:08) - 3,798 plays
- Prelude to Madness - (3:13) - 3,255 plays
- Sirens - (3:34) - 3,399 plays
- The Price You Pay - (3:52) - 3,110 plays