304 Shouts - 1,955,111 Scrobbles
A former York University student, Sarah Slean is also an accomplished painter and photographer. She recorded her first album Universe at the age of 19 and has since completed several other albums including: Blue Parade (1998), Night Bugs (2002), and Day One (2004), The Baroness (2008) and the double album Land & Sea (2011). Night Bugs was her first major label album, co-produced by Slean and Hawksley Workman, and released by WEA in Canada and Atlantic Records in the United States. It was heavily inspired by cabaret music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThey're counting on a guilty conscience to save you
But I'm bankin' on the deep blue eyes and the face too
They always said, always said, always said you were easy, oh . . .
Oh if I could have just one piece of that I'd be
Sold Over. . .
- Society Song - (3:13) - 1,501 plays
- Life - (4:04) - 1,032 plays
- LyricsShe's looking out the north to a galaxy
A faithful boat trip 'cross a northern sea
Along a frosty window she writes her name
Oh daughter, this is how she became
Mary, go ahead and have your little baby
- LyricsTake me
Invade the portions of me
That are dark and warm and deep
Hero was hero
- Lucky Me - (3:26) - 944 plays
- Weight - (3:16) - 1,027 plays
- Get Home - (3:42) - 850 plays
- My Invitation - (3:46) - 847 plays
- Eliot - (4:21) - 1,107 plays